Roush Did anyone ever notice?

marcus95

Jan 26, 2004
California
Why is it, especially with ebay that I never see a Saleen up for auction from a West coast Ford dealership? Is it that on the West coast all Saleen mustangs are usually scooped up? If you check out ebay at this moment there are plenty of new 04's for sale through the midwest out through New York and down to Fla. Insight? Thoughts? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

marcus95 said:
Why is it, especially with ebay that I never see a Saleen up for auction from a West coast Ford dealership? Is it that on the West coast all Saleen mustangs are usually scooped up? If you check out ebay at this moment there are plenty of new 04's for sale through the midwest out through New York and down to Fla. Insight? Thoughts? :shrug:

Saleen making deals with some dealers to sell on consignment any/all '04 cars that were not picked up by the dealerships during the regular production year, and were left over (sitting in the Saleen factory during the September 2004 Saleen Show) due to the fact that many were waiting to buy the '05 Saleen that was unvieled at that very same show?

Just an idea, as @ 24 dealerships that were selling Saleens at the beginning of 2004 were not at the end of 2004.

2004 production was @350 units, and there were @50 cars sitting unsold in the factory September 2004.

The @ 50 remaining dealerships picked up their mandatory 5 cars for the year (that covers the 250 cars so far), some sold/bought more than 5 cars, and some of the defunct Saleen dealers might have had a car or two roll onto their lots, figure that covered cars 251-300 produced.

Saleen would have been stuck with 50 cars they had already converted, and could not simply resell as GTs. Even if they were not already converted I doubt Frank M. would have been too willing to help sell them back through Orange Ford, as HPA had now decided they were going to supply their stock of cars from Galpin Ford, and not Orange any longer. Frank/Orange just lost the sale of hundreds, well, in the case of the 2005 model year, thousands of cars.

That, or the fact that more Saleens sell on the Right coast vs the Left one ;)

sal07b said:
Probably has something to do with the weather. You can drive the cars year around on the West Coast, where as you've got to store them winters on the East Coast. Aslo, it is a real bioch fitting snow tires on with the racecraft suspension... :D

You can drive them year around on the East Coast, and the newer ones with traction control can get away with no snow tires.

I know this as a Saleen S281-SnowPlow driver :D

(the '89 was a bioch in the snow, but it never had snow tires on it)

:lol: Yea good luck with that one! You'll never see Marcus on the East Cost (at least to live that is...). You want to do something funny? Get a guy from California and one from New York and start a debate about which state is the best. Then stand back and watch the fireworks! Point is, most people from CA will never, ever (yes I mean ever) leave. Why should they? They are the only ones that can afford to be there. They all carry 700+K in equity in their homes, so they can move that capitol around if they get another house. You definately can't move out there and live from somewhere else unless you are extremely wealthy...

sal07b said:
:lol: Yea good luck with that one! You'll never see Marcus on the East Cost (at least to live that is...). You want to do something funny? Get a guy from California and one from New York and start a debate about which state is the best. Then stand back and watch the fireworks! Point is, most people from CA will never, ever (yes I mean ever) leave. Why should they? They are the only ones that can afford to be there. They all carry 700+K in equity in their homes, so they can move that capitol around if they get another house. You definately can't move out there and live from somewhere else unless you are extremely wealthy...

We have the best of all worlds. For Marcus and myself, we have the beach mintues away, the river and moutains less then an hour away!!! And Vegas is a short 3 hour drive (depending on what car we take :D ) What more can you ask for... :shrug:

New York!!! Please David, not even a comparsion!!! Besides, where the hell would we park all our white Saleens at in the Big Apple? You think we have traffic out here???? Sit throught rush hour tracffic over there and see how you feel after working 8 hours.
No wonder New York sports fans are such *ssholes!!! :rlaugh: (J/K)

sal07b said:
You've got to be kidding me! I would never drive the Saleen in the snow, even if it could "go". The salt really eats away the car...

Not all areas use salt. Snow is just like the water that I hear you are supposed to use to wash your cars :D

car9.gif

Saleen Mike said:
Not all areas use salt. Snow is just like the water that I hear you are supposed to use to wash your cars :D

car9.gif

Wash your cars??? Only if Ted is in town would your cars every get that honor........

sal07b said:
Hey, there are actually white Saleen's all over NY bro. You'd fit right in. Then again, they're only white b/c of the pigeon $h!t :puke: . But hey, they look the same right? White is white... :rlaugh: LMAO... :spot:

Not even worth the time to reply too....... :stupid: