Did anyone watch the discovery channel on 9/29 on racing the '05??

jordanvraptor said:
I saw the show and that car is a race only car. Had a DOHC engine, probably the 5.0 Cammer. Sure looked good going going around the track though.

THey had a special on the Ford GT on tonight. That is sweet going around the track vs a Ferrari Modena. You could hear the supercharger whine just like the Cobras. Guess I'll have to settle for my "poor man's Ford GT" for now.

Caught the last 20 minutes of that show. Hope to see the whole thing next time around. The blower did indeed sound familiar to your car! The exhaust note was somewhat similar as well. Both cars(GT and the '05 'Stang) look great, sound incredible and most importantly, go like H E L L!

Jordan, have you had a chance to get your car tuned? Give me a call anytime during the week at the shop to set up some dyno time.

• Sponsors (?)

The new Autoweek Oct 4 edition has a new picture of the Boy Racer (page 41) with blue Les Mans stripes. The little blurb says the motor is the 5.0 Cammer crate motor making 420 HP & 370 Lb-Ft of torque. It says Ford is studying running a factory Grand-Am team.
Hey Tarch, what do you they built the first GT-40s for. To beat Ferrari!!!!
I don't think any one is going to buy one and make it into a race car, but maybe Ford will do it.
PicFetch

MTMMAN said:
The new Autoweek Oct 4 edition has a new picture of the Boy Racer (page 41) with blue Les Mans stripes. The little blurb says the motor is the 5.0 Cammer crate motor making 420 HP & 370 Lb-Ft of torque. It says Ford is studying running a factory Grand-Am team.
Hey Tarch, what do you they built the first GT-40s for. To beat Ferrari!!!!
I don't think any one is going to buy one and make it into a race car, but maybe Ford will do it.
PicFetch
that's what i meant... no regular person would race it...

i would love it if ford did :)

Well on the subject of the GT, so far the road tests and track tests that I have read on the GT vs ( v10lambo, ferrari that i cant spell or pronounce, porsche gt2 and gt3 ) the GT handed all of them their A55..... It was putting over 2 seconds a lap on them in one test... that would be PAINFULLY embarrasing at a race like le-mans or sebring.

Now I dont claim to make a direct comparrison between a stock vehicle and a race tuned one, but on a "supercar" level, I think it's likely that both cars would raise the bar roughly the same amount for race day. And on large tracks, FORGET ABOUT IT.... the GT is over 200, the lambo, ferrari and porsches are all done in the low 180s to mid 190s. Down the straight and gone.....

Now if money is no object and you have about 650-700,000 to spend, then by all means buy an enzo and you can hand the GT it's A55. But for 1/4 the cost, and designed and built in under 1 year, I think the GT once again proves that the best cars in the world, are built Ford tough.

( and if the new version of the cobra and daytona coupe go into production with that 600hp v-10.... sheeeeeeiiiiitttt. it's all over but the cryin' )

DD
:flag: :hail2: :spot:

tarch said:

Yeah, or like 4000-5000 over 3 years. There'll be a lot of them, and I HOPE some will get raced!!! Why bother have that much car (565 rwhp and under 3000lbs!) and never race it?

If someone can afford to buy a GT, most likely they can afford two crash it and buy another. "Regular people" better race it!!! If I could, I'd buy just to race.

As for beating Ferrari, every test they've done so far on them (by outside sources) basically shows that with a good driver it'll scorch the 575LMs. In race trim, it'll be a couple hundred pounds less (like 400+), more horsepower, quicker acceleration and quicker breaking times. :owned:

89sportvert, you'll have a PM! :)