Did AODE to T5 swap need help !!!

I got the T5 in and ran in to a problem. The transmission mount and crossmember do not line up. I was able to get it in but the mount sits about 1/2 inch to far forward and the transmission sits about a inch to high. I heard the plate between the mount and the transmission ( it also is the exhaust hanger )is different from the aode to the t5 is this true?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine lined up perfectly when I did the swap ('95 T5 into 94 AODE). Are you sure you have a '94-'95 T5 and bell housing? I think the earlier (Fox) trannies and/or bellhousings are shorter which would account for the lack of length but I don't know about the height issue. It's been a while since I did the swap but is it possible you might have to flip the crossmember?

Here's a pic of the differences in the bellhousings for a fox and 94-95:

http://www.v8-ranger.com/red/t5/t5.php

Noite the 94-95 says 5.0 on the bellhousing. If you do have the fox set-up, you can always make it work. Do a search on this website. Some of the common things that come up are the need for a 5/8" driveshaft spacer and using the fox clutchfork. They do say the fox crossmember is different and that the tranny mount holes need to be elongated or the x-member flipped.

Oh-if the neutral safety switch isn't working, there is a litte red jumper wire back behind the fuse box. Pull the jumper out and it will work.

Just a thought, but if you somehow got a fox t-5 with a 94-95 tranny, you will have problems due to the 5/8" shorter input shaft not going far enough through the clutch and into the pilot bearing. Check into it and contact your vendor if things aren't right.

I have the bellhousing that says 5.0 on it. I'm am driving it now with no vibrations. when we put it together we look in from the clutch fork cover and everything lined up. even the driveshaft fits like it did in the AODE. I just dont like it sitting as high as it does.????

Something is definitely going on there. If you've got the correct 94-95 bellhousing there shouldn't be the >5/8" shortage. I had to buy a poly mount but it was for years 80-95 and no difference for auto/manual. I don't know if that would be the problem. You sure you don't have your crossmember upside down? Without it in there will the tranny hang down? Is there some reason something in the front might be bound up making the trans sit so high--like motor mounts somehow out of whack/back of engine or valve covers resting on fire wall? Any chance you could take a picture and post it?

The black plate between the Trans and Trans mount is different on the Aode the bolts go through the mount then plate into the Trans. On the t5 it has a set of holes farther back for the Trans mount. If this is you problem drill two holes in the black plate and use nuts on top Most of the guys who do this use the plate form the t5
You will also need a computer or a chip form a 5 speed

let me know if you need help I did a t5 swap to my car