did Ford make this?

• Sponsors (?)

Well Ford doesnt "make" Saleen

It is manufactured/built by Steve Saleen and now Tim Allen also

Yes they made 1996 S281 non supercharged lazer red probably

Automatic, not for sure they could have but I doubt it.

To know if it is a real Saleen....there will be a badge with year-car number just in front of the stickshift and also on the driver side of the firewall in the engine compartment.

Anyone can put the ground effects, brakes, exhaust, decals, wheels, etc for a wannabe Saleen but it has to be badged by Steve Saleen himself to be a real one.

This guy I know made his V6 look just like a Saleen...front bumper # and everything...but its not a real one!!!

As far as price...I would say 15-20k ??

SEE BADGE ON FIREWALL....This guy just put an aftermarket blower on it.

100_0684.JPG

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there that think that just because they have everything Saleen on their car, it is a Saleen.:nonono:
I don't care if it has every last nut and bolt from a Saleen and even if it has a Replica badge under the hood. If it wasn't touched by the hand of Steve, IT AINT A SALEEN!!

tarch said:

Not exactly.

There is a factory Automatic Saleen in my garage :)

Before you buy please get the VIN and call Liz at Saleen to verify the car - 1.800.888.8945 after noon PST.

If she does not answer leave a message with the reson for calling and the VIN, and a # for her to call you back at.

If you know the basics of the car & the VIN post them, and one of us can check it in the Registry book.