did i get the wrong TB

88stangmangt

Nov 25, 2003
Stafford,VA
its off a 96 mercury montianer 65mm TB i just drilled it out to fit on my ported upper and having it on there i have to push the lever with the ball on it forward to open the butterfly....my mustang is not clost by so i cant look how it is did i get the wrong tb to use??it was free so im not out if i did. anyone have pics of there 65 on a 2.3 upper showing the butterfly lever???

• Sponsors (?)

im just gonna cut the arm off and weld it 180 around to pull it open instead of pushing it. i have a couple more odds and ends but i have the lightning meter and 75lb injectors...we need to hook up at summer duck here soon once i am happy that the car runs safe.

If nothing else just ride out I'll be making a few runs before I start throwing my new stuff at it.
Same as yours: 75lb injectors, 90mm lightning MAF, Boport head, Essy 2277, and some dyno runs so I can run it on motor if I want to.

thats the plan i see all the kids bringing out there toys and it has me itching...although now there talking about snow......i may be 20-25 mins max from summer duck....not far at all...although im not a big fan of the 1/8th more of the quarter...

How exactly are you tuning it? I see it says SCT chip.

I ran sumerduck for 2 years before I went back a 1/4 mile track. It was funny I remember squinting and looking waaaayy down the track saying "I've got to go all the way down there?"

Also I've learned that when you only have 660' of track you learn how to make that first 60' count in a big way. Especially trying to bracket race in the 1/8, thats really hard in a 2.3T.

If I'm there you won't get bored. We like to have a good time when we go to the track.

the rates here are all about the same as i have found....150 a hour they usually like to do a 2 hour min...im sure we could talk them down a little if we both book together....im wrenching today for a couple hours which should just about finish everything i need to do at the shop...might take it next weekend....what kind of chip r you running???they are a sct dealer...if you wanted a sct chip i could give u there number you could buy it and have it waiting for you when you get there.

p.s im sure your running stinger header and waste gate...are you only running one vaccum line and to which port??? im assuming it only needs to see boost to know when to open up the WG which i only have the to port in use...

thats $150 for dyno and tune correct?

I wouldn't need the tuning just the dyno. I won't be ready for another few weeks. I'm going to go racing once or twice to hit that magical time I was shooting for with the '06 set-up.

I'm using a J3 adapter and the PCMX software.

Do not follow the wastegate directions. I hooked it up exactly like they say and the first blast buried the 30psi before I could let off. I come out of the side of the gillis to the inner port and leave the outer port open to the atomosphere. Take an air hose w/ spray nozzle and LIGHTLY blow into the two ports. The inner port opens it and the outer port pushes the gate closed. I say lightly because the WG might get upset if you apply shop air. I don't know how stout they are.

150 for dyno and tune but i want to say 80 dollars or so for 2 or 3 pulls....i also had the same problem while following the instruction...my first run out tipped the scale at 30psi on my freshly build motor with 0miles on it...lol thats i guess one way to tell if i torqued everything right...i will run the gillis to the center port and leave the top open but double check it with air....i wont be ready as of yet either but am geting closer one bolt at a time....as time allows...