Did Terrible At the Track

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
Terrible news. Went to the track last night I got only two run because it was raining. The first run I ran a 15.07 at 95.8 mph with a 2.4 60'. I could not get traction. The track was all wet. Second run I decided to do a burnout. Still ran a 15.0 but got a better 60' but worst trap speed. My car ran like **** last night. I got better times without the cobra intake, headers and MSD goodies. I didn't know if this would effect my performance but my battery keeps dying. I had to get jumped at school a few days ago and I had to get jumped at the track. My car felt really really slow the whole way home.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't worry about it man, it happens to us all. If it rained you wouln't have run your best anyway as humidity kills your times. One thing to look at would be your 1/8th-1/4mile gain in trap speed. Even though you didn't trap anymore than you did before the intake install, look at the slips from before the cobra intake and subtract the 1/8 mph from the 1/4mph and see what you get, then do the same for last nights runs ans see if you gainbed any last night. If not don't worry as you had a bad night and its hard to salvage any useable info from a night like that, but if you gained more last night in such horrid conditions its and indication that you did gain HP with the cobra intake. I'm sure you did, but this may be a way of actually "seeing" it.