Dirty IAC Valve, why?

raininfire

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
Northern VA
Okay, I have had a problem with my idle for what seems like months. I basically clean the IAC, and then clean the MAF sensor with carb cleaner. Boom fixed for a week, and then same old problem again. Irratic idle, jerky when driving. The IAC is brand new as well. So is the problem that it is getting gunked up, and why? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Assuming the IAC is indeed ok, how is your PCV system? If it's clogged, the bypass line (oil filler to TB) gets called in to *TRY* and handle the burden. That line should only really vent to the TB at WOT, but if the primary PCV line is coked up for whatever reason, that little line tries to vent the crankcase (and all that oily vapor). That will hose up the intake and TB area with oily residue.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
Assuming the IAC is indeed ok, how is your PCV system? If it's clogged, the bypass line (oil filler to TB) gets called in to *TRY* and handle the burden. That line should only really vent to the TB at WOT, but if the primary PCV line is coked up for whatever reason, that little line tries to vent the crankcase (and all that oily vapor). That will hose up the intake and TB area with oily residue.

Good luck.

Listen to this guy, he knows what's up.

Werd bro. -J