Morning all, Wanted to introduce myself. My name is John and I'm in the process of doing a 306 swap into a 99 Miata. I did a DIY turbo on one of my other 99 Miatas but I was capped at low 200's unless I went forged internals, and then a 6 speed and upgraded diff, so I decided that I wanted to go V8. I'm doing it without a kit as I love fab work. I'm a little slow on electrical and this is my first 5.0 so I will be looking to you for help on the Ford part of this. Motor is a 306 with .030 TRW pistons, AFR 165's, E303, ported Explorer mani, balanced and polished crank, 1.6 RR, BBK 65mm TB and EGR. I have a 90MM LMAF, 30lb and a Quarterhorse for tuning to go in after I get it running. Clutch is a King Cobra and Trans is WCT5. Rear end is 8.8 IRS from a V8 T-bird and I'm adding 3.73's and a Trac Loc diff. Axles are factory shortened units from Factory Five Racing's Cobra kits and rebroached Miata hubs to accept them. After the car is running it's getting stripped down for a full repaint/color change to TItanium, which is a deep metallic silver. I also have a factory hard top that will be painted then. Anyway, I'll post up a few in progress pics in a few minutes. Jig for subframe. Subframe after mods.