Do any of you find yourselves wanting an s197?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
I used to hate the s197's but recently i've become more and more fond of them. There are some damn sexy ones around here on this forum and its got me thinking more and more about wanting one eventually. The thing is i know i could never sell my 99', atleast i don't think i could, at this point it has too much sentimental value, and there is no way i could justify having both...but man those s197's sure can look sexy with a set of lowering springs, 19'-20' wheels and blacked out...

• Sponsors (?)

The weight of the car is the only thing that deters me from wanting one. A Shelby maybe but otherwise the car is just too bulky for me. The 2011 or 12 might change that with the added power but we shall see.

Bill

I wanted a 05-09 and the new 5.0 in the 2011 is awesome. I was close to putting my car up for sale but my car is payed off and I want to buy a house this year. I'm going to get a supercharger for $3,500 (close to convincing my girlfriend to go in half for one), put out 400+ rwhp and kill most 05-11s. I will keep my car and see what the redesign is like in 2014. One thing is I will never buy a new car.

A nice GT to replace the 06 civic(her daily), but she would never drive a mustang.

I'd love to trade my Z for a KR or Super Snake and have a car note. However, I have too much invested in this car. That's the problem with racing, modding a car. You break everything on it, then a few years later, something else catches your eye that you would rather have, but you have so much money in your car, it's not practical to buy anything that is not paid off or close to being paid off.

no... to me there are abit too... big and i really like my mustang , no way i could see myself in anything other than a 03-04 cobra/GT , i even dislike the new GT500 because its typically an over bloated GT (yes i rode in one almost daily for the last 6 months since my friend got it he insist on driving it everywhere , the ride is nice and all but all i can think about is.... "I AM ON A BOAT M*****" :D ) , even the new 5.0L in a S197 doesn't appeal to me.

I bit the bullet and decided to get one. I miss not having a car note however I can't complain too much since I walked out with a pretty good deal. My h&r race springs should be in this week which will be a nice addition to the few mods I do have. The car responds well to mods and the interior is nice enough to get compliments (which never happened in the 98 of course).

I've decided to have both a sn95 and a s197. The s197 is a nice daily driver and my 98 will be the fun car.