Do any of you guys and gals go to 24hrSB anymore?

• Sponsors (?)

AllFordPerf said:
I would love to see a street driven viper run an 9 second quarter mile! :rlaugh:

I would like to see it in person. I doubt Robert will ever cage that Viper, let alone spend the money to fortify the rear end. His old C-5 would have hit high 9's on slicks with the stroker motor he was going to put in, but he wrecked it:nonono: . This viper makes an ungodly amount of torque through the rpm band (especially down low), so I would love to see the thing try to launch on drag radials.:D We don't all need tubbed out, big block nitrous cars to run in the single digits...though it certainly helps! :hail2: :p

AllFordPerf said:
I did not say it was not possible, I said I would like to see it in person. Meaning a local car running around here. There are 8 second street supras out there also but I have never seen one local. :nice:

I know what you meant.:p It's kind of like 10 second cobra's running around but never seen one at the track.:D Tim's supra with the new engine should be a 8 second car or real close.:nice:

cubicgator said:
i saw a 9 second "street mustang" drive to the track and drive home a week or so ago.
skate or die bitches.

fixed.

You really need to remember to put that in quotes Wally ;)

One of these days I'm going to have to stop off and buy a trip permit and drive my car to/from the track just to show you guys that it can ;)

cubicgator said:
i saw a 9 second street mustang drive to the track and drive home a week or so ago.
skate or die bitches.

I saw a “street camero” at the dyno last year, break the dyno record, then drive to the track and run faster then 9 seconds, then drive home. So that's really nothing new.:rolleyes:

I had a discussion with the owner of that 9 second street mustang already. So no interior, no AC, no cruise control, etc... is a street mustang? Yes, its street legal and I give it props for the great times it runs but I guess I have a different opinion of what a street car is.

WaterPog said:
fixed.

You really need to remember to put that in quotes Wally ;)

One of these days I'm going to have to stop off and buy a trip permit and drive my car to/from the track just to show you guys that it can ;)

If you put the passenger seat back in, I wanna ride shotgun so I can hear/feel the twins when they screem:D