Do hei ignition fit on a 5.0 carb fox body?

kevinator

Jan 25, 2009
Im going to swap the EFI to carb my 5.0 mustang fox body 1990. I need to know if a Hei ignition fits on the motor. I heard that it may not fit, that i might need to change the hood. Anyone can help me?? please??? any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

SANY0018.jpg

mine fits fine although there are problems with alot of intake carb and filter clearance issues

Why im going to swap EFI to carb... (need some advise here)

The car is not starting. I already tested the module, the ignition, gas pressure (40psi) i changed the gas pressure regulator (thinking that it may be) and the ignition switch. When I tryed to turn it on the gas pump keeps running its not making a pause. The car has current at the cyls. Wondering what will be the problem here?????, maybe the inyectors are not pulsating? or the computer is bad?? :shrug: Anyone can help?

I hope you're not trying to just stick an HEI distributor on a fuel injected car and expect it to run right. I may have misinterpreted what you said, but if that's what you're trying to do, its not going to work because the computer needs the signal from the ignition module to be able to determine when to open the injectors

I haven't done the change yet, the problem is the car is not starting. I already tested the module, the ignition, gas pressure (40psi) i changed the gas pressure regulator (thinking that it may be) and the ignition switch. When I tryed to turn it on the gas pump keeps running its not making a pause. The car has current at the cyls. Wondering what will be the problem here?????, maybe the inyectors are not pulsating? or the computer is bad?? Anyone can help? This is why im thinking of doing that, if i dont solve this im going to swap the system EFI to carb and use the HEI ignition.