do i stand a chance against a 99 cobra

My buddy has a 99 cobra vert, with exhaust and only exhaust, I know he should eat my 95 gts with full exhaust up, but where will i need to run down the 1/4 to have a chance (both are 5 speed cars and i am a better driver).
BTW I have a built camaro ill try him in if its too much to beat him in my 95
Russell

• Sponsors (?)

koberaped.bmp

titaniumsc03 said:
My buddy has a 99 cobra vert, with exhaust and only exhaust, I know he should eat my 95 gts with full exhaust up, but where will i need to run down the 1/4 to have a chance (both are 5 speed cars and i am a better driver).
At least heads/cam/intake with all the supporting mods and proper tune. Since your the better driver that should do it.

Driver makes a hell of a difference.. for instance in my cousins 99 cobra. He ran somewhere like a low low 14 something but I ran his car in 13.30. That was when the car was new. Also he ran my 03 cobra at Indianapolis and went like 13.8 something and my best is 12.60. I did smoke him the other day in my 90 with a 347 stroker. But maybe that gives you an idea.

If he can drive, he will probably pull a little. But as someone who used to own a '99 Cobra convertible, I can tell you first hand that it is not necessarily all that fast. They're a bit of a pig given how much horsepower they have, and they are torqueless wonders. At the track, a naturally aspirated DOHC Cobra can be hard to get good times with if you don't have experience, because the line between a bad bog and blowing off the tires is very thin. That said, with a good set of slicks and the willingness to wind it up and drop the clutch at 7 grand, there are N/A Cobras making pretty sick times.

Dave