DO-It Yourself Headers Install!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Unless your NOT reusing the oxygen sensors I don't like the part when he says
"The oxygen sensors might take some persuasion to get them loose...uses a blow torch to loosen them up abit".

Oh I think its funny how many guys mix beer while working on their cars.
Makes me wonder how their job ends up. :rlaugh:

Ehh, the article was ok. First thing you should address is the title of the article. You are installing headers, not heads. Second, you may not have had any smog equipment on, but you should probably mention that you have to remove some to gain access to the passenger side header. Third, it was pretty broad. Some of the instructions say, "remove header." That's basically it. The other article posted showed mentioned how you must remove spark plug wires, spark plugs(for ease of reinstall), and that you should cover the spark plug holes. And lastly, the dipstick tube is not bolted into the oil pan. It slides in. I don't even think the hole is in the oil pan. Isn't it into the block, and the stick just goes down into the oil pan?? Either way, it is held in place by either a stud or bolt up at the header, but it only slides in(no bolt required). That's about all I could think of.

Just did my headers yesterday, the spark plugs weren't removed and they installed easily. we had shorty unEqs with a one piece flange, too.

5.0GT, the dip stick is in fact on the oik pan. Its a canton.
and you dont have to take out the spark plugs, its an option. one that i didnt opt for.

thanks for the positive feedback.. and the negative, it all helps to make me a better writer. :D

10holeLX: yeah, your right, maybe we shouldnt have used the torch. i was getting frustrated and wanted it out asap------ya think i ruined it??? :nonono: