Does anybody else have this happen to them...

CatmanJJ

Captain Tangnet
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Feb 5, 2002
Maryland
...today in heavy traffic (Bethesda, MD) driving to work, I'm mmob driving in the left lane on a 3 lane road as I pull up on this modded WRX (non-Sti) in the center lane and when he sees me he starts going crazy showing me his awesome blow-off valve and sideways exhaust, man it was tyte. Anywho he starts reving more, goosing it, he almost hit the car right in front of him just cause I was next to him. I just sorta gave him the :nonono: look and proceeded to turn left off into my office building. But before I did I was able to give him a quick sampling of the 4v DOHC and Magnapacks. :mad:

Not that I'm a big street racer or anything but **** these are the same kids who when next to u at a stoplight or open road on the freeway just kinda hang back with their tail tucked between their legs. I don't get it. View attachment 467453

/rant

• Sponsors (?)

I bet if you search the WRX forums you got your doors blown off today.....

"Dude like this Mustang revved on me and i think it was a 04 Cobra and I like let him hear my BOV and like then he took off and I like caught him and blew him away. Mustangs aren't fast"

People rev up on me all the time, in fact its really annoying. Hence the reason i'm looking for a less aggressive muffler, and LX TAIL LIGHTS..WINK WINK IF ANYBODY IS SELLING, I AM IN THE MARKET! :nice:

DropTopPony said:

"Dude like this Mustang revved on me and i think it was a 04 Cobra and I like let him hear my BOV and like then he took off and I like caught him and blew him away. Mustangs aren't fast"

So true :lol: :lol:

He did have me by half a car though, until he just about bashed the rear of the car in front of him.

DropTopPony said:

:lol:
CatmanJJ said:
He did have me by half a car though, until he just about bashed the rear of the car in front of him.
Hey, a win's a win, right? Man, what a tool. :rolleyes:

88Stang331 said:
People rev up on me all the time, in fact its really annoying. Hence the reason i'm looking for a less aggressive muffler, and LX TAIL LIGHTS..WINK WINK IF ANYBODY IS SELLING, I AM IN THE MARKET! :nice:

I'm not surprised since the Fox 5.0s were like the intial cars everyone compared there car to at least when I was younger. But with your new cam, screw it, go slicks, skinnies and the loudest exhaust u can find.

Ha its funnny that this comes up, this happend to me the other day as well, it was like a whole school of them, civics, wrx's, accords etc, like flyby after fly by, ha boy were they in amazment when i let the Loudmouth's rip, needless to say there were no more fly by's just hanging in the back

CatmanJJ said:
I'm not surprised since the Fox 5.0s were like the intial cars everyone compared there car to at least when I was younger. But with your new cam, screw it, go slicks, skinnies and the loudest exhaust u can find.

Thats the reason i'm waiting to see how it sounds with the cam before i decide to change mufflers.

I cruised around with my friend in his dads car...75 Hurst olds with a beefed up 455 and a power glide trans (imagine a yacht on wheels), and i think near stock dual exhaust (not aggressive) anyhow, hondas would rev at us and what not, and then my friend would blip the throttle, and the car would leap forward, and that was that, and leave them with the :jaw: face

I had a guy in a half riced V6 Dakota try to get me to go...:shrug:

He was behind me, and he started to come around me and I started to slow down to make a turn, but I guess he thought that I was slowing down so we could line up... he got beside me and looked over like a cool kid and started gunning it. I made my turn.

That thing was probaly still faster than most Civics though, hahaha.

BurningRubber said:
I had a guy in a half riced V6 Dakota try to get me to go...:shrug:

He was behind me, and he started to come around me and I started to slow down to make a turn, but I guess he thought that I was slowing down so we could line up... he got beside me and looked over like a cool kid and started gunning it. I made my turn.

That thing was probaly still faster than most Civics though, hahaha.

Pickups might be the worst, esp the newer ones with some aftermarket dual exhaust, vroom vroom, guess what, you're still slow.

I had a guy in an EXCURSION of all things pull up next to me and ask me to run.

"Hey, NICE Mustang! YOu ever raced an SUV?"

"THanks man!, No, I Havent."

"Lets go then, lets race!"

"No thanks man"

"Awe come on, light turns green just go!"

"Nah.."

*Light turns green*

He floors it, so i said what the hell and took off all the way to the top of 2nd. Lets say he was a ways behind me by then.

I slowed down to see if he had anything else to say and he just ran by me without even lookin. I sat there for a while trying to figure out why he wanted to race and if he even thought he had a chance. It looked like it was a diesel, maybe it had some stuff done to it?

hey that WRX wasnt that blue color was it? i pulled up next to one awhile back, nothing but chrome under the car. i was thinking he might wanta race. that thing sounded good with BOV and everything, but it even looked better in my rearview.... BULLY DOG is giving those disiels something to cream about, but nobodies that brave up here in louisville, ky..... only those damn ricers. i am so tired of them i almost stopped eating Chinese..... but i dont miss that many meals.....lol