Does My Xpipe Install Sound Right?

lptheory96

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Help Please... Need your ear!

:vids:Made A Video a ride around the block with my new Xpipe install connected to 2 chamber flows. To me it sounds like there is too much of a Higher Pitched WHA WHA WHA WHA or popping like farting sound while cruising. Revving sounds great though... I thought it might could be a leak while under a load...But then again I am comparing it to how my old 96GT sounded with an Hpipe, as well as other stangs iv heard so I cant tell.....

SO HELP ME FIGURE IT OUT! ;) (pleeease)

You tube Link:
CLICK ME

• Sponsors (?)

From what I could tell nothing sounded unusual. X pipes usually have a gargle sound to them when letting off the gas (the possible popping sound you mentioned). Of course after installing and running the new x pipe for a little while you'll want to recheck the bolts and tighten them up, as over time they get loose. Especially after a fresh install. Other than that you should be fine, but if it the bolts are loose just tighten them up a bit and drive around some more to see if it goes away. Hope this helps! Good luck! :nice:

Here are some similar setups:
1. O/R X w/ Flowmaster 40s
2. O/R X w/ Flowmaster 40s
3. O/R X w/ Flowmaster 40s
4. O/R X w/ Flowmaster 40s

Sounds great to me. I hear nothing wrong.

It will be hard to hear a small leak with the added level of noise it produces. Start it up when cold and run your hand around all the connection points to make sure there is no leak.

Sounds really good to me but dayum thats loud as heck!:nice:
Maybe tightining the bolts will help it out, btw did you replace the gaskets or did you reuse the stock ones?

I was thinkin about gettin a BBK X pipe but whats holding me back is the emissions testing and the really loud cruising noise....

It came with another gasket that I used. But the video really doesnt show what I hear.... Its like its almost TOO loud or sounds more like strait pipes at some point.... Hard to decribe... like... almost too high pitched....