Roush does this kinda stuff make anyone else mad?

Mstng2 said:
:flame: Well, Here's my 2 cents feel free to hammer me if you want.. BUT I call my Mustang a Saleen! If someone says IS IT REAL? My answer is "What do you mean is it real? If you mean is it a Saleen Mustang the answer is Yes. IF you mean did it come from Saleen with a Saleen serial # No." Why? Because except the C pillars everything on it is made by Saleen, installed by me. Saleen has my money just as they have yours for your car. However I do NOT, and WILL not, put a engine bay plaque with fake #'s on it, or if the day comes I will not sell it as a #'rd Saleen.

See I would rather have a #'rd Saleen but I didnt and do not have the cash to buy one. This one I have put together over the last 4 years. Has it cost me just as much as a #'rd Saleen? Yep it has, but not all at once... such as it is... Flame away....

I won't flame away at you, just one comment. What did you put in your own words in your signature?
2000 Mustang GT/Saleen S281SC Replica, DSS Racing forged shortblock, 3:73 Gears, Chicane 66mm pulley, Ripp kit, BBK shorty headers, SVT Focus fuel pump, Snow Performance Alchol/Water injection kit, Coming soon... SCT Tune... :nice:

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but didn't you just contradict yourself?? I have zero problems with clones and replica's. Hell, if I found the right kit car, I would have a Cobra sitting in my garage. Would I say it was real Shelby Cobra: no! Simply a kit car. So when you say yes, it is a real saleen mustang but it is not serialized, how is that any different then these yahoo's claiming their's is real when trying to sell it? When someone asks me if its real, I don't say Yes and it's serialized too. By the way, I have seen pictures of your car and it looks awesome. I'm just trying to figure out why you would contradict yourself....Why not just say it is a replica and leave it at that??

• Sponsors (?)

Mstng2 said:
:flame: Well, Here's my 2 cents feel free to hammer me if you want.. BUT I call my Mustang a Saleen! If someone says IS IT REAL? My answer is "What do you mean is it real? If you mean is it a Saleen Mustang the answer is Yes. IF you mean did it come from Saleen with a Saleen serial # No." Why? Because except the C pillars everything on it is made by Saleen, installed by me. Saleen has my money just as they have yours for your car. However I do NOT, and WILL not, put a engine bay plaque with fake #'s on it, or if the day comes I will not sell it as a #'rd Saleen.

See I would rather have a #'rd Saleen but I didnt and do not have the cash to buy one. This one I have put together over the last 4 years. Has it cost me just as much as a #'rd Saleen? Yep it has, but not all at once... such as it is... Flame away....

So I could buy a 79 4cyl hatch, convert to a aero nose with a cobra body kit and toss is a FRT crate motor and it would be a real Cobra!

I dont think so. It's a clone, not a Saleen mustang.

Like I said before clone's are cool but calling it a REAL Saleen is not cool it's rice. Just like all of the little punk kid's that toss Type R sticker's on their civic's and call them JDM's.

kyle

2000xp8 said:
I got news for you guys, if saleen didn't sell parts to anyone that wanted them, it would drive the price of real saleens through the friggin roof, as if they already aren't high.
Funding makes the automobile business go around.

Kinda like people that hate 4 bangers and v6's, without them ford wouldn't be able to fund the v8's.

Stop whining and take pleasure in the fact that you can say "yup, it's real".

What part's? Saleen stopped making part's for the older fox car's a year ago. I dont see how this help's me in anyway.

It's a clone and that's cool. Calling it the real thing is the same as putting Cobra decal's on a V6 car and telling everyone it's a REAL cobra.

kyle

Evil86lx said:
What part's? Saleen stopped making part's for the older fox car's a year ago. I dont see how this help's me in anyway.

It's a clone and that's cool. Calling it the real thing is the same as putting Cobra decal's on a V6 car and telling everyone it's a REAL cobra.

kyle
I never said saying something is real that is not, is cool. Do you see that in my post?

And it doesn't help you now, because your car is 20 years old.
But it helped back then, and now it's helping the future to be owners.

BTW, i wish they made more Saleen explorer parts, because if something happens to mine, i'm screwed.
I also enjoy the feeling of getting to tell someone the xp8 is real.

2000xp8 said:
I never said saying something is real that is not, is cool. Do you see that in my post?

And it doesn't help you now, because your car is 20 years old.
But it helped back then, and now it's helping the future to be owners.

BTW, i wish they made more Saleen explorer parts, because if something happens to mine, i'm screwed.
I also enjoy the feeling of getting to tell someone the xp8 is real.

I had the pleasure of seing a Saleen explorer cruising down C470 two week's ago. I pulled up next to the guy in 86-120 to give him a :nice: and the dude blew me off like I was a piece of poop. I'm pretty sure he was just some yuppie that bought it because it was "cool" and looked good next to his Porsche.

Part's- yeah tell me about it. I cant even find the correct sticker's for the car :bang: . Gary gave me a correct NOS front bumper cover for it so at least I dont have to find one of those.

kyle

Evil86lx said:
I had the pleasure of seing a Saleen explorer cruising down C470 two week's ago. I pulled up next to the guy in 86-120 to give him a :nice: and the dude blew me off like I was a piece of poop. I'm pretty sure he was just some yuppie that bought it because it was "cool" and looked good next to his Porsche.

Part's- yeah tell me about it. I cant even find the correct sticker's for the car :bang: . Gary gave me a correct NOS front bumper cover for it so at least I dont have to find one of those.

kyle
Now that a used xp8 is affordable, they are making their way into the hands of saleen mustang owners, as second vehicles. Mine came from a rich kid, it actually had altezza's on it when i bought it, first stop for me was the dealer.
I now about 20 of the 120 xp8 owners, and nearly all of them have some type of mustang, or even a real saleen mustang.

2000xp8 said:
Now that a used xp8 is affordable, they are making their way into the hands of saleen mustang owners, as second vehicles. Mine came from a rich kid, it actually had altezza's on it when i bought it, first stop for me was the dealer.
I now about 20 of the 120 xp8 owners, and nearly all of them have some type of mustang, or even a real saleen mustang.

Isn't that why they made them. So you would have something to take camping and to haul the kid's around in when your not enjoying your Saleen mustang.

I wouldnt mind having one but the wife is pretty attached to our 2500 dodge ram 4 door.

kyle

Wow, this thread just won't die! I think it is actually funny that so much time is being devoted to it. The bottom line is clear to me. You either own a Saleen or you don't (please fellow Saleen owners, quit whining, it is getting embarassing). It is quite simple really.

For those of you that have the, "I built my car with authentic Saleen parts, therefore it is a real Saleen", call 1-800-888-8945 x880 and give Liz your VIN number. Make sure you tell her that you spent thousands of dollars on parts from their parts department (I'm sure she'll be appreciative of that fact). Also, let her know that Steve himself signed your car (another myth, that once Steve signs it it "magically" becomes real). I'm confident that she'll still tell you it is not a Saleen. If she doesn't, definately post it here because myself and many other Saleen owners would be more then willing to have a conversation with her about it (trust me, this won't happen). Again, (referring to my earlier post) there are Saleens, and there are modded Mustangs. This is black and white, there is no grey area...

s351rspeedster said:
I won't flame away at you, just one comment. What did you put in your own words in your signature?

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but didn't you just contradict yourself??.... By the way, I have seen pictures of your car and it looks awesome. I'm just trying to figure out why you would contradict yourself....Why not just say it is a replica and leave it at that??

Um, Yea looks like I did in the post, what I was trying to convey was that when I "talk" with folks they use the term "Real" So I guess the best way to convey that in a post is to say that I tell them the Body kit and all of the parts etc are "Real Saleen" So you "could" call it a Saleen Mustang, but the car is not a "Real Serialized Saleen" And to say or imply anything else would be ignorance on my part. Hence my Signature, not to mention a slap to all of you owners out there. :hail2: In essence Sal is right there is and there isn't. In some regards Saleen made this mess by selling the parts....

In all honesty...does it matter. you own a real one and ppl just happen like the looks of Saleen. Now if they are telling ppl its authentic, then yes they are tools. Hell I get the same crap with my cobra, kids pulling up next to me in what looks to be a same style cobra/etc. I wipe the street with them, ask them what happened and they tell me, oh its just a GT, "is yours a REAL SVT COBRA" No its just a cobra no SVT here :)...its funny and flattering, i will own a stage 3 Roush or Saleen 281 E by the next year, but for now, just the cobra...

PS, yes I put on the roush rear valance/side exahust kit, still deciding on front bumper saleen or roush extensions...Do I want to be one...no...with the build up Ive started, ill be more than happy to tell ppl, no its just a cobra nothing special :)

Evil86lx said:
kyle

Was it white?

It was most likely Rick. He also has a Saleen Mustang (and his wife does have a Porsche-LOL).

89BlackGT said:
In all honesty...does it matter.....I wipe the street with them, ask them what happened and they tell me, oh its just a GT...QUOTE]

I agree, and I'm dont claim it's "real" ...cept if a stock S281SC challenges me then I will be the one wiping the street with them... heh heh...

Saleen Mike said:
Was it white?

It was most likely Rick. He also has a Saleen Mustang (and his wife does have a Porsche-LOL).

I know Rick from explorerx.com, and i think he would of respected a saleen mustang. Or at least i would hope so.

Saleen Mike said:
Was it white?

Yep it was a white one. Maybe the guy didnt see me or thought I was driving a "Faleen" and I didnt deserve a second look. :D

He got off of 470 at either the Kipling exit or the Sims exit.

Maybe the guy was having a bad day or something.

kyle