Does your mustang do this?

Does your mustang do this HELP?

I have noticed that if I am cruising around town sometimes I go WOT. If I go WOT above 2000 rpms(not popping the clutch) the car get squirley with traction control ON. I was just curious if other mustangs do this.

Stock gears (See sig). I was just curious if I have a problem with my TC or if maybe the previous owner put something in the car I am not aware of.

BTW I have also run my father twice 03 mach 1 with 373s and I won both those runs. He is not a slacker on driving. My grandfather used to own the local drag strip in town and my father used to run his falcon with stroked 289 in it.

Am I just crazy? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno, my car doesn't spin too easily. It's stock, and even if I punch it from say, 2,000 rpm in first it will usually spin slighlty or just go. Also, if I am going at 2,000 rpm in second and go WOT, it will just go and not spin at all. The only way it will spin as I just mentioned is in the rain, or if I am turning a corner while flooring it (slight powerslide). Maybe there is something wrong with my car ... I'm not too sure though I've only had it for two months.

EDIT: Yes, this is with TC off.

Matt

PULMEOVR said:
I dunno, my car doesn't spin too easily. It's stock, and even if I punch it from say, 2,000 rpm in first it will usually spin slighlty or just go. Also, if I am going at 2,000 rpm in second and go WOT, it will just go and not spin at all. The only way it will spin as I just mentioned is in the rain, or if I am turning a corner while flooring it (slight powerslide). Maybe there is something wrong with my car ... I'm not too sure though I've only had it for two months.

EDIT: Yes, this is with TC off.

Matt

I punch mine from like 3,000 rpms in first and i get sideways all over the road with TC off and burnout all the way through 2nd sometimes and it catches in 3rd...only mods = mac cai + exhaust mods.

TrevX said:
I punch mine from like 3,000 rpms in first and i get sideways all over the road with TC off and burnout all the way through 2nd sometimes and it catches in 3rd...only mods = mac cai + exhaust mods.

Wow, I wonder whats up then. I guess I'll go down to the dealer (when I bring it out for spring), and have them run a compression test on all cylinders. I'll dyno it after that to check the power levels. My car does feel kind of slow when I pull through the gears, although maybe it is just the 3.27's?????

Matt

Pitch Black said:
TC is a pain in the ass. I have it rigged so that its ALWAYS off, even when you turn on the car. I would have gone without TC at all if I could.
My friend has a 2003 V6 stang with TC. And I guess the computer keeps track of the TC being on and off because at first the TC was always on, after a while of manually turning it off, now its always turned off when the car is turned on.

AcE XBOX said:
My friend has a 2003 V6 stang with TC. And I guess the computer keeps track of the TC being on and off because at first the TC was always on, after a while of manually turning it off, now its always turned off when the car is turned on.

Thats funny, I was 99.9% sure V6's didn't have TC. Why would you need TC with an non traction lok diff and 190HP? :scratch:

I once thought my TC was malfunctioning. I could get my wheels to spin w/o it kicking in and telling me no... I had to go to a parking lot to make sure it still worked.. It does... but i guess it does not kick in as much as others.

-J

tomustang said:
my mom had a 2000 v6 auto. it had t/c and it spun good between 1st and 2nd

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you need TC with an open diff? My neighbor has an 01 premium V6 auto. Mach 460 and everything....except TC. The only way he can spin the tires is if he revs in N and shifts to D.....or if he's in rain.

EDIT: I just checked Fords website and it does NOT have TC as an option for a V6 :scratch:

Pitch Black said:
That doesn't make any sense. Why would you need TC with an open diff? My neighbor has an 01 premium V6 auto. Mach 460 and everything....except TC. The only way he can spin the tires is if he revs in N and shifts to D.....or if he's in rain.

EDIT: I just checked Fords website and it does NOT have TC as an option for a V6 :scratch:

well she still had it, was good in the snow too