Don't ever sell your Fox

Sam8950

Founding Member
Mar 13, 2001
Haslet, Texas
Sold my '89 LX 5.0 about a year and a half ago, even though I had read and heard numerous times in this forum and may other places how people regretted selling theirs. Biggest mistake I ever made. :bang: There's no other car out there, new or old, that can match the Fox Mustang's "fun factor," even in its stock configuration.

Anyone out there got an '89 LX 5.0 5-Speed Hatch with Sunroof and Tilt they want to sell? (In spite of my advise.)

• Sponsors (?)

U make me never want to sell my foxes :)....there is just no other cars like them out there, they are awsome, u will find another its just going to take awile to find a clean one

I sold my 1986 GT Convertible back in 2000 after 5 years of great fun... WORST thing I ever did.

I spent 5 years wishing I hadn't sold it and whining about it. Then I lucked up on my notch, and though I still miss my 86, my notch keeps me more than happy :)

We sound like a bunch of girls (no offense). i sold mine back in 2001 and have wanted another one until i purchased one in 2006. don't know what it is? :shrug: it's like different women.....yeah that red head was fun hmmmm i need another one. That blonde was a freak! come on guys i need to go pick another one up :D

ain't gonna happen with teeth like that:D

I was thinking of selling ,my one owner beast. I need a better car as a HSer. Mine left me stranded with my gf on the side of the road and it gets terrible gas mileage. I want to sell, buy a truck and a fixerupper mustang, but I just don't know.

From 1992 - 1997, I had a 93 bimini blue 5 speed and my wife had a 93 reef blue automatic stang. In 1997 we opted to sell the 92 due to the family growing in size, as does happen when you have kids :rolleyes: . I do miss my 92 some, but having the 93 to roll with was not too bad. I have no plans to get rid of my 93, but do have plans in 2009 to search for a newer model Mustang. Dang, I've been driving this one for almost 14 years daily:flag:

Never. Mine will be with me till I die.

Sold a '91 GT once. Didn't bother me tho.

There's something really special about this car. I've had it longer than any other car. I even love it more than the '67 I used to have and I miss the HELL outta THAT car.

I actually want to sell mine right now because i'm only 18 and going to school now an hour drive one way and i go through at least 2 tanks of gas a week. It just keeps having problems and i'm getting tired of it. I'm looking at a 2001 Audi TT 1.8 225hp quattro 6-speed .. 28 mpg highway and stock runs the quarter 14.6 and its got all wheel drive with heated leather interior and its got the Hot factor as the girls tell me haha .. I love my car and dont want to see it go but it might just have to. By the way anybody have any idea what an 87 R-title fox with 110k miles on it will go for with over 10K dollars invested in it. thanks

Im still not all that attached to my Mustang. Id sell it today if the right offer came along.
Ill be putting a ton of money into it in the next few weeks so my outlook on it is sure to change.
I regret selling my '93 S10 4 years ago though. I do actually miss that truck for some reason- maybe because I owned it the longest of any vehicle Ive had.

I actually want to sell mine right now because i'm only 18 and going to school now an hour drive one way and i go through at least 2 tanks of gas a week. It just keeps having problems and i'm getting tired of it. I'm looking at a 2001 Audi TT 1.8 225hp quattro 6-speed .. 28 mpg highway and stock runs the quarter 14.6 and its got all wheel drive with heated leather interior and its got the Hot factor as the girls tell me haha .. I love my car and dont want to see it go but it might just have to. By the way anybody have any idea what an 87 R-title fox with 110k miles on it will go for with over 10K dollars invested in it. thanks

dont be stupid.. find a way, and buy you a beater.. save the fox.. i sold mine at 16.. im 17 now, and am sick and turnin green because im so down about it.. you'll be sorry for all your life unless you get it back..

dont be stupid.. find a way, and buy you a beater.. save the fox.. i sold mine at 16.. im 17 now, and am sick and turnin green because im so down about it.. you'll be sorry for all your life unless you get it back..
Well if i can find somebody to buy it it'll prolly go because its just getting on my nerves. I can't even trust driving it anymore. I just want to buy something nice that i can go out and get in every morning and drive to school still and not worry about breaking down on me as a beater might do as well as the mustang. I'd rather just buy 1 nice car than to have 2 cars that i might have problems with. This is just how i'm thinking and my dad wants me to get rid of it because all my money is getting put into the car just to keep it on the road.

Well if i can find somebody to buy it it'll prolly go because its just getting on my nerves. I can't even trust driving it anymore. I just want to buy something nice that i can go out and get in every morning and drive to school still and not worry about breaking down on me as a beater might do as well as the mustang. I'd rather just buy 1 nice car than to have 2 cars that i might have problems with. This is just how i'm thinking and my dad wants me to get rid of it because all my money is getting put into the car just to keep it on the road.

i have a beat up ranger, and a beat up mustang.. no matter what car it is.. its gonna break at some point

i have a beat up ranger, and a beat up mustang.. no matter what car it is.. its gonna break at some point

the car might be getting sold but staying in the family as my cousin wants to buy it and do a 393 stroker. I'm not much into driving beat up pos. I had to drive my moms 1995 nissan altima for 2 weeks while i was waiting for my transmission to be done and that just about killed me. I'm also looking for something that will do good in all weather as it snows alot around here and i'll be moving out in about a year so i wont have my parents to lend me their cars cuz i'll be on my own. Give me about 2 years and i'll have another mustang after i get out of school i'm sure.

the car might be getting sold but staying in the family as my cousin wants to buy it and do a 393 stroker. I'm not much into driving beat up pos. I had to drive my moms 1995 nissan altima for 2 weeks while i was waiting for my transmission to be done and that just about killed me. I'm also looking for something that will do good in all weather as it snows alot around here and i'll be moving out in about a year so i wont have my parents to lend me their cars cuz i'll be on my own. Give me about 2 years and i'll have another mustang after i get out of school i'm sure.

It killed you to drive your Mom's Altima while your Stang was down but you're going to sell your Stang for something else? You'll be sorry. :(

:SNSign: hahahaha... My first real serious Girlfriend of 4 years said back in 2004, said that it was her or the car... Its 2007... I still think I miss her a little bit. :D I have had good ole "Quik" since before I turned 18, Jan 28, 1998. Its the only thing I can remember wanting since I was a kid. And she has came from a pretty much stock 88 auto GT, to the C6 bashing Bitch she is today... I love the way she sounds, looks, and smells.. And though even though she has a bad attitude every once in a while.. i cant imagine going into the garage one day and seeing anything else... I think this is a STRANGE relationship.. but ya'all know what I'm talking bout... I would NEVER SELL!!!