Don't ever sell your Fox

Sold my '89 LX 5.0 about a year and a half ago, even though I had read and heard numerous times in this forum and may other places how people regretted selling theirs. Biggest mistake I ever made. :bang: There's no other car out there, new or old, that can match the Fox Mustang's "fun factor," even in its stock configuration.

Anyone out there got an '89 LX 5.0 5-Speed Hatch with Sunroof and Tilt they want to sell? (In spite of my advise.)

I have a GT for sale.....The car that sits in the garage now will take the place of the GT w/o regret!!:nice:

Here it is..
DSC00108.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00108.jpg
    DSC00108.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Sponsors (?)

Ordered my first LX in 87, been through 7 since then, took me 17 years to find one like my first and I'll be buried in it. You'll wish you never sold it, and just have to get another. If you don't, you should have never got it in the first place.

i know what you mean about the foxes. First car was a 1986 5.0Notchback with 30k miles. However, the increase in gas prices made me sell it, hey what was a 17 year old to do? Bought a VW GTi, and although i liked it, it wsa not fox. So one day crusining down an old bridge backroad, saw a red 93 Notch, clean as hell. Sold my dub right away and sprang on the deal. God i love my 93 Notch.

I think about putting my Coupe out front a for sale sign on it occasionately...
Mostly because I really don't like the AOD, gonna fix THAT real soon here. All I need are some flywheel bolts and a rear main seal and I have all the parts to swap in a CR T5 :D Already did the pedals last fall :nice:

The reason so many people sell their foxes is because 3 or 4k sounds like a lot of money now, but then 10 yrs later down the road you would be willing to pay 4x that to have it back just so you dont have to tell people about the car you "used" to have.

Selling your fox, your letting little annoyances get to you. Thats the price of driving a fox around. I learned my lesson when I had mine off the road for most of last year, I was quick to take it off the road, I had another car and was very sick of th problems. Towards the end of the year Id pay anything to drive the damn thing with whatever problems it had at the time. Sucks when I always had to explain to people the car I had in the garage when we would talk about cars.

The longest time that I've owned both of my Fox body Mustangs is 5 and almost 6 years now. That's the longest time that I've ever owned a car. I usually get bored with a car and trade it in within the first 2 to 3 years. But this hasn't happened yet with the 2 Mustangs which I currently own. I really love both of my Fox body Mustangs. I sometimes say that I will sell my 02 V6 Mustang because it was in a hit and run and it got hit on its front bumper. The front bumper was repaired but it was repaired half-ass and it cost me $702. The repair wasn't really fixed 100% like I wanted it to be fixed and I have to live with the repair flaws. There was very little that the bodyshop could do about the repair flaws. They tried fixing the flaws but could only do so much. The flaws are still visible and present after the bodyshop tried to correct them. There's some orange peel on the bottom part of the front bumper inside the air dam and inside the fog light holes and there's also a small gap between the top part of the passenger headlight assembly and the front pointed part of the front fender. These 2 flaws sometimes drive me crazy when I think about them and it makes me want to sell my V6 Mustang. But even with these flaws, I always change my mind about selling my Mustang because it's my daily driver and because I really love its wedge shaped body styling.

I try to rationalize and to convince and tell myself that my daily V6 Mustang will probably get more battle scars and road rash on it from using it as my daily driver as more years of ownership go by and that I will need to "accept" the wear and tear that will occur on the body and on the bumpers.

As for my 2nd Fox body Mustang, I love the 2nd Mustang more than I love my 1st Fox body. My 2nd Mustang is a 2001 GT and it hasn't been driven much since I purchased it brand new back in August of 2001. It's only got 2,6xx original miles on it and I try to take care of it as best as I can so it doesn't get any scratches or dents anywhere on it. That's why I only drive it a few times only during the late spring and during the summertime. I think that I may be using my 2001 Mustang GT when my 2002 V6 Mustang starts breaking down or when it starts developing rust and mechanical problems. Even then, I would probably want to drive my GT very little for the fear of some dickhead hitting it like they did with my V6 Mustang. A Mustang is never the same again once it gets hit anywhere on any of its panels or on its bumpers. It may get repaired, but usually the repair comes out half-ass like the repair that was done on my V6 Mustang. Especially when you are dealing with repairing a front plastic bumper like I did. The repair was done and it came out okay, but with some minor flaws.

My cars are worth more to me than they are to someone else. My 90 LX 5.0 5 spd w/ sunroof would probably go for $1500 or so if that because it's got a lot of rust, faded paint, 154k miles, and the front end isn't perfectly aligned because of a wreck. The $1500 I got would most likely need to go for another 2nd car since I'm not daily driving my truck, period. I know how to work on the stang and I love it, so there's no reason to sell as long as I need a 2nd vehicle. My car looks like sh it, but I still park 500 ft from the door at the store and walk to keep people from (hopefully) being near my car. Sure, my car doesn't look the best, but I like it.

My GT has given me a lot of trouble and definitely has more in it than it's worth. With $10k in it, I could probably get $3-4k. I kinda wanna sell it because I like LX Hatchbacks more than GT's. I still like my GT, but I'm always worried about breaking it since I've had so many problems. Just put the fresh engine in last summer and it's still not broken in all the way yet. I can't wait to get it out, but I'm always worried it'll have a problem and leave me stranded, so I don't drive it if I absolutely cannot miss what I'm going to.

If I were to sell either of my Fox's (or both), I'd like to replace them with another fox to have to work on, but I can't afford that at the time being.

If your fox doesn't have the options you'd like, selling it not always be a bad idea if you could replace it with a fox with options you desire. If you don't care for fox's as much, there's no reason to keep it. However, if you can, it's always good to just put it away for a while and get something else. Drive whatever else you get for a year and then go drive the fox. If it doesn't do it for you then, sell it.

I have a GT for sale.....The car that sits in the garage now will take the place of the GT w/o regret!!:nice:

Oh, cool, you got one of those old guy cars!

Yes I did!!! As it sits, it's worth at least twice what the '88 is. It's all good though. I've had the '88 for 10 years and I couldn't pass up the '65 for what it cost me. The list of new/new old stock parts that come with it is HUGE!! The '65 was in a garage for 18+ years. Now it's mine...:D

I agree. Me and the wife were talking last night about the 90 and 07. The 07 GT is awesome to drive, and is so quite and comfy... but there is no "soul" to it, like my 90. Driving the 90 puts a smile on my face. The squeeks, rattles, road noise makes it fun to drive! I wouldn't bat an eye trading in the 07, but never the 90.