dont skimp with headers...

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
today i went to install my BBK shorties. putting them in was easy. but the cheapness of the flowtechs made it hard, took hours to get the old flowtechs out. like the bolt would hit the tubes and you would have to skip it, and once all the bolts were loose or off, you could pull the header out a bit to get the bold out. just sucked ass.

anyways, i went from the flowtechs, pieced together pipe, flows with no turndowns.

now i have BBK shorties, an actual h pipe (2.5 all the way back.
and my flows and got some turndowns.

sounds much better. i guess i had some leakage before bc now the sound is smooth and doesnt make any bad noise, just a smooth hum.

one thing though, i had to cut off my exhuast hangers, for some reason the hpipe has a hard time getting up, like its bent. So i said screw it and cut them off. Dont think it will hurt anything??

• Sponsors (?)

I alonst wanted to switch back to shorties from long tubes..only because the hpip hangs soo low now that it scrapes eevrywhere and i have broken the bracket that goes from the x pipe to the mufflers...my car is lowered an inch and half...so i had to expand the end of the x pipe....pipes with an tailpipe expander just so that the bracket wont slide off...