Door lock key scratch guards. Know anything about them?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I found some old pics of my first Stang, an LX that I wrecked. In one of the pictures, the one showing the door, you can see some plastic guards that go around the lock to prevent you from scratching the paint. I had forgotten all about these until now. If anyone knows where these come from, please let me know as this is the only place I have ever seen them (on my old car). The pics can be seen by going to the link in my sig and then going to the last page. Look for the canary yellow LX that is cracked up, then look at the door locks. Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

here's the pic anyway. I circled it so you know what I am talking about. They were textured and had a pony emblem in them.
attachment.php

You should be able to find those in most auto parts stores. I bought a pair for my car when i lived in Florida at Discount Auto Parts. They are basically just like the ones in the picture and have the Ford oval on them. If all else fails, try the ford parts department at your local Ford dealership. Good Luck

another thought comes to mind if you are lookin for protection, but not necessarily the actual product you had. how about using the clear rockshield material they make (clear film that covers paint to protect from rock chips, etc). marketed as an invisible front end mask. cut some nice and then it is invisible. just an idea.