Do's and Dont's of a blower

• Sponsors (?)

Good info guys,..I'm gettin a blower put on by Tim and have never driven a forced induction car...I'm planning to get a lesson from the guys before i drive off ..of what I should and shouldn't do. i plan on babying it until I know what its about before driving like a wild maniac. I can't afford an immediate rebuilt afterwards and want to avoid major problems.

Only thing i know about forced induction was a funny story with my dad. He used to have a turboed Mercury Capri..and one night after having a few beers at a pup he decided he wanted to see what it could do on the highway(after it rained too), so he floored it, next thing he knew after it kicked in, he was spun out backwards in the center grassy median on I-75..LOL
After that he stuck to N/A.

Any other suggestions?

So far it looks like:

Do:

replace the fuel filter and spark plugs
Always listen for detonation when IN boost
Immediately check the a/f on dyno
Upgrade the suspension to put the new-found power to the ground
Look into gettiong shift light

Dont:

Put the engine under undue load (ex. WOT at 1500rpms)
Run the car hard when cold

anything else to add?

01BlkGT what made you decide to get a vortech over, a kenne bell? is it cost, reliability or what.
The only reason I like the kenne bell is whats seems to be a really flat torque curve which helps alot with the 4.6 motors. I have never seen a good dyno from a vortech, exspecially one of tims kits. anyone have a good graph for me? Luckily I can't afford a s/c right now so will have to wait a few years to see how the kenne bells work out. I did get a ride in a 95 Cobra 5.9 that had a 6 psi non intercooled. I am waiting because that same car just got AFR heads put on it. Ican't wait for another ride!

Wow, just got done taking off the T/A, pullies, and MM STB at a friends house and what a huge difference it made driving the car around. Now I'm getting a bucking around 2k in all gears and I'm attributing that to the C&L (which is just got taken off). Car kinda feels sluggish and labored so to speak, but I think that will be changing in the near future :nice:

Edit: Picked the Vortech over the KB mainly b/c of cost and the proven track record it has. I know it always changes, but I'm not planning on pushing any realy power around till I get a built shortblock, and then my goal will be 450-500rwhp.

I have the T-trim/Intercooler kit from Tim and almost finished with the install. Just waitng to get the fuel pump/ecu back and I should have it done. the install was actually vry straightforward and pretty easy. Just time consuming. I was most worried about the oil pan tap but that wen't smooth just took a lot of hammering :) Looks great in the engine bay though. I can't wait till I get it all done

00s281sc368 said:
Yeah, let's see a vortech dyno on a 4.6GT engine!

Okay...
dyno.jpg