Dowel Pin Question

gnx547

Sep 26, 2006
This is a pic of my old engine and on my new engine block I'm missing the dowel pin to hold the metal plate so I can bolt the flywheel. Is this dowel pin the same size as a engine dowel pin? Or is it a different size?

How does this fly wheel look? I cleaned it up with some brake cleaner and there are no cracks or scuffs on it. There are maybe 2 or 3 tiny heat spots on it. Is it ok to reuse this flywheel?

6nytdv.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

that dowel is just a standard 1/2" dowel (i forget the length), dunno if you can get em individually in a parts store or not, maybe a pack of engine hardware would have it?

to my untrained eye, that flywheel looks pretty beat, i would at least have it resurfaced.

I agree, I would at least have the flywheel re-surfaced if not just replace it with a FRPP one (~$90). I've dropped my transmission enough times where I wouldn't want to have to do it again because I tried to re-use some parts.

Stop by an engine builder and see if they have any laying around they'll probably give it you for free also don't for get the flywheel dowels as well

Yellow Bear racing 2k13

I use one from UPR that is a 10.5" king cobra for under $200 and it will hold up just fine....otherwise I like SPEC clutches.

If you interested in the UPR unit let me know if I can help. Comes with a tob and pilot.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2