drive shaft bolts!!

t3t4_4g63

Jul 2, 2007
saturday night i figured i would work on getting the tranny out for a rebuild. i got the car off the ground, marked the drive shaft and rear end for when i re-enstall it. then tried to take the 4 bolts out that connect the drive shaft to the rear end. HOLY CRAP!!! is there some kind of trick to getting these things out?? :shrug:
i tried just about everything exept for a power tool to get them out. does the old "lefty loosy righty tighty" rule still apply on those bolts or what? i would pull the wrench with everything i had and all i would do is start to turn the drive shaft, it would go back in place though. any suggestions?? :bang:
thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i got the tranny out yesterday!!! my first rwd tranny pull!!! it wasnt to bad, the only reason it was hard was because i was laying outside in rocks......big rocks! and all the bolts were like to drive shaft bolts. it took be 3 hours just to bust the transmission to engine bolts loose. im just glad its out though. now time to get it rebuilt!! oh, and i just bought a new turbo for the svo. its still a garrett t3 but its the bigger turbo of the two. its the one with A/R .63 on the exhaust side! im pretty excited about that also!