drivers side sits lower than passenger side

the drivers side of my car sits like 1/2 of an inch lower than the passenger side...why is this?......when im driving and let go of the wheel the car drives straight....the shocks and springs are original.....i think...hmmmmm

:confused:

• Sponsors (?)

did a fat person own the car before you? haha

seriously, does the frame and tracks on it sit lower, or could the foam cushion be flattened from years of being sat upon?

i might guess it is just compressed.

well welcome to the party!!! some fox bodies do it, some dont... ive been all around the block on this one.... my car will even change the ride height some times... i know it sounds weird, but it will sit 26" on the passenger side, to about 26 3/4" off of the rear quarter... very strange...

oops, i think i missed the boat on that one. does each corner sit at a different height? i thought you just meant the drivers seat was higher than the passenger seat.

as said, the unibody likes to tweak and many have varying heights at each corner. good luck...

I've seen plenty of cars and especially trucks that have done or look like that. Springs and shocks/struts wear out and lose their "lift" capability over time - what else can you say?

I'd second the motion on the shocks/struts/springs thing.

You can try this, park the car on as flat a surface as you can like a concrete floor or something that was poured flat. Then get one of those long carpenter levels and measure the car. As long as the bubble stays relative to the middle, you're fine. Some slight missbalance can be accounted for by the contoures of the car.

Almost every Mustang I have ever owned was lopsided when I got it. I always put in aftermarket springs and all is well. One thing you can check though is that the springs are oriented corectly in the spring pockets. If somebody changed them and didnt get them in the seats right it will sit goofy. If its just a little off, you can heat the high spring with a tourch to drop it down. Not a recomended practice for the most part but it works. I wouldnt do it to a good set of aftermarket springs though. I have also had a spring break on the last coil on my 86 and it sat lower on one side because of that.

jaidedeye said:
the drivers side of my car sits like 1/2 of an inch lower than the passenger side...why is this?......when im driving and let go of the wheel the car drives straight....the shocks and springs are original.....i think...hmmmmm

:confused:
A posibility that the one side has completely worn through your spring isolators letting that side sag.

I had 153k on my car when I changed springs and the measurements only varied 1/16th from side to side on the front and 1/8th side to side in the rear :shrug: