Driveshaft mayhem cont. with pics

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
i went and took the exhaust the rest of the way off of the car today and also pulled the tranny, look like i have a bent shifter top, a bent output shaft, a busted extension housing and two of the mounting ears off of the case itself have been broken off. I have one flowmaster with a hole and the others have dents. pipes are mashed flat and the h is mashed pretty badly as well. and the driveshaft is a joke.

i will try and attach some pics
000_0091.jpg

000_0102.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some more

heres the broken ears probably barely can tell from the pic
000_0095.jpg

and the mangled exhaust

bent_up_stuff.jpg

sfhnc.jpg

kinda disheartening, my parts list as it stand is driveshaft, whole new t-5 case, mid-pipe, and possiblyl a catback. Already bought the lakewood driveshaft loop

yeah that thing caused some serious havoc under my car

jason

Interesting, I wonder exactly how it happened. I figured the front dropped, but it looks like that's not what happened. I guess the back dropped, and then the front slid out, hit the ground, and then boom. Weird.

Dave

Ouch.... :bang: That really does suck...

Any luck with a replacement tranny or parts?? Makes you wonder if its even worth rebuilding it??? She took a beating for sure... :(

well form what i can tell, the back came out and hit the pavement, and bounced around a little (or a lot) and then bound somehow bent and then flopped around some more because i heard it flopping for a few seconds, when i had the car towed the driveshaft was still in the tranny but dislodged from the rear and the u-joint was still in the rear as well

wassup andy, yeah i don't know about parts, i have the tranny tore down the mainshaft is bent the shifter forks shaft(slider) is bent and the mainshaft lost a few teeth. The plan is to swap all the gears into another case, this tranny was a HD tranny out of a cobra so i plan on keeping this setup if possible.

jason

p.s. anyone with spare parts let me know