Driving Game with realism???

the gtr2 game is a great detail and realism game it is more of a high resolution simulator. it is a blast with a force feedback wheel and sli. that is the only game i have played that i noticed ta difference with sli. but everyone in the house will be mad when you crank the volume up on 7.1 dolby digital surround sound and rumble the house, this makes me want to load it up again and take the ferarri for a spin. again

great thread idea!!! now we just need one for the other games as well!!

like a review and suggestion thread.

• Sponsors (?)

RUNINAGT said:
OK I know most of ya dont like NASCAR, but I play Nascar Racing 2003. It has single player and multiplayer on line. I run it a lot online. I have played my fare share of games, mainly racing. I will tell you NR2003 is the most realalistic yet. I'm hooked. There are a few road courses you can run. I have a MOMO wheel with a gear shifter on the side of it. Yes you can change the settings on your car to what you want. Just about everytime you wanna play on multiplayer you will have about 15 different servers to choose from easy. They usually have a variety of tracks to choose from. Most servers will have between 4-43 ppl on @ once. If your on a server with a bunch of other ppl it can be fun also it can be frustrating. Depends on if you get taken out or not. Its real easy to spin someone out and take half the field with ya. Trust me it's a pain in the rear to get used to it because of how sensitive it is, but once you do. your HOOKED.
I run in a league on Tues nights with about 27 other guys. Its a blast. If you want to try it, it will be hard to get a copy of the game. May be able to go on EBAY and get a copy. I have Needfor speed also. It's for my 11yr old. The game I play is more for the older crowd.
Actually I have an extra copy somewhere :)

I have that game. It's fun as crap but I haven't played it in a while. I spent 2 nights trying to repair my game cd and finally had to "obtain" a copy of it, but I really did buy the game. The ebay prices on it is OUTRAGEOUS though. I seen some on there for 80 bucks. Forza is one of the best console games I played though, then LFS is fun too.

anyone ever played that ferrari acarde game, has the clutch and everything??!?! I wish i had one of those in my room! id be playing it all day!

I dunno what it is about game-makers, but all of them seem to avoid including Fox years of Mustangs in their games like they're plagued ... even the straight-up drag games like the IHRA and NHRA series. Everyone's always pimping on the '65-'73 and '99+ models, but nobody seems to recognize the '86-'93 models (or rarely even the '94-'98 models, namely the Cobra), in spite of the fact that Foxes have the lion's share of aftermarket products and magazine coverage.

That, and what is it with all of these games that don't even TRY to add details like realistic car damage (sorry, but slamming head-on into a brick wall at 120 MPH will do just a tad more than knock out a headlight and put a ding in your fender), especially ones that affect your vehicle's performance in a believable manner. "Damage meters" are just stupid. That's one of the reasons I'm so big on TOCA 3 - if you try to nudge someone a bit too hard with an open-wheel car, say goodbye to straight steering when the bits n' pieces go flying. Just the same, hitting a wall or getting knocked hard while you're in, say, an old Trans Am will not necessarily put you out of the race, but can will seriously cripple you.

Driver: Parallel Lines has VERY nice car physics, but I was going insane with frustration over the fact that they took away your character's abilities to jump and swim - GTA: San Andreas has me a little spoiled, there - so I ditched it for TOCA 3. That, and it's so pathetically easy to lose the cops in Parallel Lines that I was three-fourths of the way through the game in one weekend.

When are they gonna come up with a game based on highway and/or city pursuits where you get to drive a good ol' notchback Fox police interceptor, and PIT some tweakers into a ditch? Maybe mix in a little bit of GTA style out-of-car action where you can toss stopsticks, set up roadblocks, shoot it out with them and use your car for cover, run up on them in a swarm of cops to drag their sorry butts out and cuff 'em, etc. No cheesy techno/pop-rock soundtrack music, no stupid John what's-his-face's idiotic play-by-play commentary ("World's Wildest Police Chases"), no points system, just random chases and different times of day and weather, with realistic engine, tire, radio, and ambient sounds. Then maybe a free-run course option where you can tear arse around an autocross type of track or do some head-to-head quarter-mile runs with your choice of police cruiser against whatever civvie car (or other cops) for added giggles.

Oh yeah. Now, there's a game that soooooo needs to get made! I'm thinking this would be a perfect idea to use for showing off the upcoming PS3's graphic capabilities ... and to make me filthy rich for coming up with the game design. :D

mob said:
Do you have a steering wheel for the computer?

One of the best driving games ive ever played (besides MCO) is Live for Speed. http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=fp

Its an online game, also has single player though. Not very well known, demo is free, the full version is worth it if you get into the demo. You can play with alot of people the physics in the game are almost perfect. Id check it out, its not fun unless you have a steering wheel though. You can get hooked into it VERy easily, you can set your car up for drag, handling, drifting, thers alot of aspects of the car you can adjust. I saw you have a wheel, DEFINATLY download this game, youll be hooked on it for hours, and you can change the axis of the wheel so you can use one of the pedals as a clutch and make a button the brake, not good for racing, but makes it fun if your messing around, you can spend hours on that game just messing around, trying setups, doing weird things, and when your ready you join a game and race like 13 people.

Like I said, once you get into the demo, the extra 12 bucks for the full version is DEFINATLY worth it, some of the tracks are badass and the cars are very fun!

mob how do you download it??? srry i suck with computers :bang:

mob said:
anyone ever played that ferrari acarde game, has the clutch and everything??!?! I wish i had one of those in my room! id be playing it all day!

The game is called Ferrari F355 Challenge.The game is a blast I wish i had one to.Everytime I go down the shore I usually set like 10 record times in the game I have spent so much money on that game it's not even funny.Also check out Test Drive Unlimited it's realistic just doesn't have damage.In the game you can set up car clubs and cruise or race your friends online it's great.

Darkwriter77 said:
I dunno what it is about game-makers, but all of them seem to avoid including Fox years of Mustangs in their games like they're plagued ... even the straight-up drag games like the IHRA and NHRA series. Everyone's always pimping on the '65-'73 and '99+ models, but nobody seems to recognize the '86-'93 models (or rarely even the '94-'98 models, namely the Cobra), in spite of the fact that Foxes have the lion's share of aftermarket products and magazine coverage.

The ONLY Fox body I have ever seen in a game is in Test Drive 5 on Playstation. It is a 1993 Notch that looks NOTHING like a notch...

As far a 1994-1998 Stangs Grand Tourismo 2 has:

1998 GT
1998 Cobra
1999 GT
1999 Cobra

Here is an image of the to die for graphics of the playstation... :drool:
Gran_Turismo_2_15.jpg

Forza has a few good ones:
Saleen Mustang
Cobra R
Shelby Series 1
Shelby Mustang

Forza2 looks to be pretty sharp...
forza21.jpg

GT5 will have to do something insane to justify me spending $600 on a PS3 just for one game.

:shrug:

Attachments

• Gran_Turismo_2_15.jpg
    Gran_Turismo_2_15.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 34
Henceforward said:
GT5 will have to do something insane to justify me spending $600 on a PS3 just for one game.

:shrug:

I know...but i'm an idiot and i'm going to buy it as soon as GT5 hits the market. I've played every one in the series and wasn't disappointed so i know i won't be this time. I think i may be more into that series than the average gamer, so i take a lot more enjoyment from that one game. Plus, i know i'll buy more games eventually. Sometimes it isn't all about the graphics (which i'm sure will be outragious). GT has a feeling all it's own that i have yet to find in another racing game, and that's what i love about it...the graphics are just icing on the cake.

mob said:

played it loved. i got to into it though lol. my uncle has one at his house. he a doctor. he has it all. its been about 6 days since i have played it. i race my dad in it. he loses alot lol. i love the 6 speed and the clutch. i power shift in that all the time :D and if i had room in my room i would buy them both from him.

Daggar said:
Are there any driving games out there for the PC that are worth a crap? I dusted off my old copy of Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit 2 and I gotta tell ya....

You know what blows NFS:HS out of the water? Don't laugh, but.....Need For Speed Special Edition. Yeah, the old one. It's not ultra-realistic, but it is actually quite a bit better and more realistic than (IMO) all the NFS versions to come after.

I wish GT or forza would have had a foxbody in it.I mean dont get me wrong I like driving the cobras and the S281 but I would love to see a foxbody make it in to a good game for once.

Better yet, a Fox body other than a '93 Cobra - not that there's anything wrong with them, per se, but I'd just like to see a plain ol' 89 notch or '86 four-eyed GT in the mix sometime. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there was one game ONCE that I saw with a '93 Cobra in it ... I dunno maybe the first Gran Tourismo? Or that Summit Racing game from the PS1?

Then add on the ability to throw on mods like different-sized rims/tires (maybe even a 5-lug swap, heh), cowl hoods and other body mods, etc.

Any game developers out there reading this? I'm expecting royalty checks to start rolling into my mailbox for all these ideas I'm throwing out here, y'know... :D

MCO (Motor City Online) was by far bst driving game ever. Mob who were you? My character was Doh. On the server i played on (can't member which now i used to place near top if not top on pretty every track. Big V and I pretty much owned The Spillway. I loved that game. Pi$$ed me off when EA killed it. I hear there is going to be another online racing game coming out that is supposed to rock. Man if I get addicted to another vid game like I was to MCO my wife will kill me.

86bluecobra said:
MCO (Motor City Online) was by far bst driving game ever. Mob who were you? My character was Doh. On the server i played on (can't member which now i used to place near top if not top on pretty every track. Big V and I pretty much owned The Spillway. I loved that game. Pi$$ed me off when EA killed it. I hear there is going to be another online racing game coming out that is supposed to rock. Man if I get addicted to another vid game like I was to MCO my wife will kill me.

I dont thi nk anything can ever compare to mco, the amount of parts was insane, the combos you could do. And the online world in the game was SO huge you cant even describe it. Test drive unlimited was suposed to rock and we all saw how that turned out, I doubt anything like mco will ever come out again.