Driving habits

95BLKGT5.0

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Auburn Washington
I thought I would start a thread about bad driving habits in your state.

In Washington the law is The left lane is for passing. Its not legal to pass on the right side.

So why do people drive slow in the left lane and when you flash your lights to have them move over they don't move over or they slow down even more.

• Sponsors (?)

The driving 10 under in the left lane is anywhere I think. Although around here they usually pull over when you flash your lights at them.

What really annoys me is when I'm on a 4-lane road (2 each way), and I'm in the right or left lane, doesn't matter which, but the lane next to me is completely open, and some prick pulls out into MY LANE!!! Freaking A!!!

really, i dont care about that law. I enjoy passing people on the right, and when they start to speed up, i floor it, and get in front of em an flame em....its great!!....also a bad habit i tend to have is i pass people on single lane roads, but only when they piss me off by going very slow.....i know they dont mind hearing my car at 5grand in there left ear tho...hahah

but as far as what pisses me off....i would have to say my #1 is when people stop on highway onramps instead of just merging

Where do I start......well they love to pull out in front of you at idle speed, honk the horn and they cuss you out because some how it's your fault.....They don't pay attention when switching lanes again they look at you like it's your fault......If your going the speed limit they want you to go twice as fast because all of a sudden every one is in a hooray so they tail gate bad (this is when I hit the brakes).....Honking the horn can lead to either an argument or getting shot, stabbed, road rage is pretty bad and that's why I don't own a gun I would be serving time. It's also why I don't see myself living down here too long it's getting pretty crowded and the people suck. God I'm pissed just thinking about it thanks a lot lol.

i didnt know it was illegal to pass on the right. I'm with chris, on 4 lane roads, 2 lanes both ways, if i'm the only one on the road, left or right lane, someone will always pull out in front of me and go really slow. I just ride their ass till they move over. I pass on 2 lane roads all the time. The most i've passed is 4 at a time. They were going reaaaaaaaaally slow though, and it was clear for 7 miles.

I forgot the one where a car coming on to the freeway crosses all the lanes and gets in front of you then slows down.
Or when I am driving my truck pulling my trailer and a car has to pass me then gets in front of me and slows down.

well i'm in cali, road rage capital of the world, los angeles county much less, but yea we get some real ******* drivers, people like to slow down on the freeway to change a lane, SPEED UP *******, SPEED UP!, honestly .... idiots.... i dont drive like a **** on the road, but i enjoy passing people who drive under the speed limit, literally people are going 30 in a 45.... thats grounds for getting something thrown at them, usually i have a pencap or something handy

How about people who read magazines/books while driving? :nonono: I drive about 50 miles to work each way on a 2 lane road (1 lane each way) There is 1 spot where you have a passing lane. People drive down the highway at 50 mph in a 60 mph zone and as soon as the come to the passing lanes speed up to 70!! :bang: As soon as the passing lane is gone back to 50 they go!! :mad:

well I live in NJ where making a left turn is illegal in almost every situation unless in very rural areas. So when all they bennys come down to the jersey shore they don't understand the simple concept of using a jug handle. And for some reason i always get behind the jerk off from NY that tries to make a left and casues traffic because one, he is waiting for it to be clear(which it never will be) to make his turn and two, he gets t-boned for making a stupid move and now i can't get passed because his car is in pieces in front of me.

I live right by six flags great adventure, and i see the cops and ambulances go by daily becasue of some benny trying to make a left where it clearly states NO LEFT TRUN-or-ALL TURNS USE U-TURN. once a friggin day this happens. And what really sucks is that i have to drive thru there every day, making it the most dangerous part of my day.

GreenMustangGt said:
. . . i pass people on single lane roads . . .
:eek: Wow! Really? How does that work? Do you drive off the road on the shoulder and back on again? Or maybe you just drive over them.

Hehe, J/K. You meant 1 lane in each direction, right (in other words, a two lane road).

Anyway, I agree that the whole sitting in the left lane is anoying. So is driving with the blinker on for 3 miles down the expressway, especially when it's a semi truck. I always make way for them (cause they usually have to deal with pricks cutting em off all the time). But when you make way for some idiot long haul driver with his blinker on cause he's too busy eating a donut and yapping on his CB, well that is the definition of annoying.

One driving habit that I think all Mustang drivers should adopt is the one I use when driving in neighborhood (any neighborhood really). I drive 20 miles per hour, sometimes less. The problem is, most folks hear a big lumpy V8 and they assume you are a crazy driver. So you really need to go out of your way to fly under the radar. (plus it's just safer too with all the kids running around)

some say it means Brooklyn, eddison, nowark, and newyork

others say Beyond everthing north and newyork

they are others but i can't remember

But basically its tourist from north jersey and beyond. They come to the shore thinking they run these towns, and casue fights, drive bad, and **** up the town untill its starts to get cold then the hibernate till memorial day the next year.

they only thing ever to come out of all this was MTV had a beach house in seaside hights NJ for a two summers, and we got to see some famous people walk around. but thats about it

Here is another I saw yesterday.
A woman driving in the left lane putting on her make-up and taking off her blouse to put on another(she must have just come from the mall because there were packages all over her car) Now don't get me wrong I love seeing women in there bras but this one was FULGY real FUGLY.

WhiteStallionGT said:
Anyways... I live in Northern Va, need I say more? People up here drive like maniacs. I've been rear ended (in my car) two times since December. So if any of you are thinking of driving on any street in Northern VA... DON'T.
Isn't that because the roads in northern VA are paved over cow paths, going this way and that, but no where is a straight or sensible manner? Kinda drives folks nuts.

GRGT1994 said:
Isn't that because the roads in northern VA are paved over cow paths, going this way and that, but no where is a straight or sensible manner? Kinda drives folks nuts.

haha, no because Loudoun County is the fastest and richest county in the US right now. So you've got crazy rich ladies in their Escalades trying to pass you on the shoulder while your trying to drive your way through crazy detours because they are building over passes all over the place.

I drive in it everyday. My mustang had some battle scars to prove it. (all fixed now though :) ) The thing is, it will be a while until all of this construction will be over. They have just started...

GRGT1994 said:

No, you're thinking of Boston. The whole city really is based on cow paths. Boston has got to be the WORST place to drive in if you don't know exactly where you are going. The city is NOT on a grid system, nor are the streets on any sort of naming convention.

On that note, I lived in Boston for the last half of my junior year for a project and I got to know the city pretty well. Tourists are by far what pisses me off more then anything. You can see people staring out the windows at tall buildings and not watching the road, then they miss their turn and try to cut across and make it anyway. :mad:

Oh and the worst Drivers are broads in general. Younger and they are applying make up, cell phone, txt msging, older their just plane slow and have awful reflexes. Obviously there are exceptions, but the general rule holds.

- adam