Dual Master Cylinder with Brake Booster

Looking to replace original master cylinder, with a dual master cylinder and a brake booster. I heard that you can just go to a junk yard and find an old fox body mustang, or really most older fords, and just use that master cylinder and brake booster? I cant remeber the years that i was told you could use. But i was just wondering how easy the installion was, and how much modifications you have to do? Any info on the subject is greatly needed

Going in a 1965 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

Looking to replace original master cylinder, with a dual master cylinder and a brake booster. I heard that you can just go to a junk yard and find an old fox body mustang, or really most older fords, and just use that master cylinder and brake booster? I cant remeber the years that i was told you could use. But i was just wondering how easy the installion was, and how much modifications you have to do? Any info on the subject is greatly needed

Going in a 1965 Mustang[/QUOTE]

Whoever told you that was lying through his teeth. The only boosters that will fit the 64-66 are the original OEM or the Master Power repro of it, and a few more modern types made specifically for this conversion. It is probably possible to modify and adapt several different boosters to work, but flipping burgers to earn the money for a good one would take a lot less time, and be a lot safer when you were done. BTW, the Master Power is the only one that works with stock clutch linkage. I also mounts a dual master cylinder, if you order it that way.

P1012750_large.JPG