Dual Vacum DIzzy

badazz68stang

Mar 28, 2006
on my 68 289 it has a dual vacum setup. on the distributer, anybody else have this setup, and how should the vacum lines be ran to my edelbrock. also on the thermostat housing there is a vacum switch with three ports, can anybody give me some insight on how to run the lines on this set up as well?
and finally, im buyin a pertronix setup that is for my motor and doesnt specify single or dual vacum, should i worry about this?

• Sponsors (?)

the pertronics wont care, but if it were mine I would take the money your going to spend and get a duraspark setup with a single diaphram. You'd be surprised how cheap they are from the auto parts stores. If you do you'll need the distributor, the control box and the coil.

this has nothing do with the dis-o-vac system for emissions. the dual diaphragm is actually a 2 stage system the first stage is your normal advance and the 2nd stage is actually a high speed retard or rather a high load retard, it's designed to keep the engine from pinging from under heavy throttle conditions.