Dumb question. Maybe someone can help

kkdoughboy

Jul 20, 2007
Pennsylvania
I just installed Steeda CMDP's on my 07 GT 5spd. Well I did it about 2 weeks ago. My other mods are listed in my signature. The car seems to be running slower and rougher than it was before this install. I'm thinking that the tune is off even though I had Brent adjust it for the CMDP's. I called him and he said that it shouldnt have affected anything because he didnt change the actual tune. He just updated it for the CMCV removal. Do you guys thing that the car may be running rich or maybe even lean because of this. I'm thinking of screwing around with the SCT Livewire unit but I've been told that if you dont know what your doing dont mess with it. I've tried to get it dyno tuned but I'm getting the run around from my local dyno guy. Any thoughs are appreciated. Thanks, Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Most people don't notice a difference in bottom end. I didn't. I noticed a gain in the top end and my exhaust sounds different.

Brent and Doug both seem to not want to update tunes unless it's required. Your really need to throw it on the dyno and check your AFR. Even if you do lose a few ponies in the lower end, it's not something you should notice. Sounds like your ECM may be pulling timing to keep from knocking. Take your dyno info (and if you can datalog, too, that'd be helpful) and send all that info to Brent. I've personally had it with mail order tuners. They can only do so much, and the good ones are too busy. I think I'm going to say screw it and sell my XCal and have my local shop tune me with their stuff.

Getting the car dyno'd on Wednesday or Thursday. I finally got a response from the guy. I'm also getting Steeda pulleys installed. Of course its supposed to be a record high of 90 degrees that day, hope that doesnt kill my numbers. I hope to post soon. :flag:

Also, I've tried to datalog with my livewire but I dont know what I'm doing. I downloaded the program and tried performing the datalog while driving but I dont believe its working properly. The engine rpm's say 800-850 the whole time I'm driving and other parameters dont change either. Is that normal? Anyway hopefully the custom tune solves my issues. Thanks for you opinions