• Sponsors (?)

I might be asking myself [why] those teeth went.

1523024519492.png

Did your coolant freeze at some point perhaps?

The pump was so bad the outside of the blade assembly was rubbing inside the block. That rubbing caused the blades to break off.

I have no idea where the plastic went.

Try to relax a little Scott. May I suggest an adult beverage?

All that worrying will make your hair fall out......oh.....let me look again......never mind.

Yeah man....too late for that.

I've got some Dos Equise for today. I'll be changing the turn signal indicator bulbs in Dusty and maybe adding the modified odometer.

Welp....started drinkin as soon as I got home....

20180406_203451.jpg

My right turn signal is now indicating again. Felt really good to work on the mustang. Dusty is sitting patiently.

Gizmo got the new water pump installed. The timing chain and guides are back in. Nothing left to do but the actuator stands, front cover, balancer, valve cover gaskets, PS pump, alternator, belts, thermostat, engine mount, coolant, and oil changes #1- 2- and 3. Yea me !!!!

Then I can start putting the bumper back on Dusty. Replacing the k member. Load him on the trailer. Change the rear fuel pump in Papa Smurf. Wheels and tires on the Ranger.....

In the meantime....tear down my beautiful 12ft by 16ft shed....that happens to be 15ft tall....move all my stuff....make a couple dump runs...

All this by the 23rd. I better keep drinkin'

• Haha
  • Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Had a chance to run out to the local JY. Found a complete 94 and snatched the spindles for 50 bucks.

20180407_140109.jpg

This time I have to remember that they are the right ones. Smh

Can't believe I gave away the other ones for the ones i pulled off a 95....that happened to be 96+ style spindles. Live and learn....forget and relearn...its a cycle ya know.

The k member should be here shortly. Then coil overs and tubular control arms.

• Agree
One day I will tackle this myself for bigger brakes...

You're going to need them when you get the new set up running. I have no regrets goin 5 lug. Cobra brakes are a huge plus.

I've been eye balling some drift style lower control arms....then i could run the same offset front and rear. I'm riding on 1/2 spacers up front and could use another 1/4 inch. Thats only because of the irs rear.

The next fox will have fox length 5 lug axles with a factory back spacing. Dusty will be around until one of us goes in the ground....but he will have a another brother one day.

The lady wants a car to mod and didn't want to mod the 82 GT....so...no more 82...but the search is always on for a decent fox. A fox that she won't mind slaving me over for some up to date comforts.

The taurus ( Gizmo ) was put back together last night. Today he git his first fresh oil chaange. Started up and no issues. Tomorrow he gets another oil change and driven around a bit.

Had a scare because the check engine light came on with codes for the bank 2 camshaft position. That was fixed when I found the camshaft sensor plug wasn't seated all the way. Very minor hickup. Its been a r ough job....but....its almost done.

Reactions: 1 user
Poor gizmo, all that love and your just gonna dump him :doh:

This is the ol'ladies car....I have no attachment to him. He's lucky I had to fix him or he woulda been on his way to being a craftsman wrench by now.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
Drove the Taurus to work. All is well. The Ol'Lady now refuses to get rid of Gizmo. I'm stuck in hell. :welcome::mad:

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Haha
  • Sad
Back to Dusty again. The front bumper line that runs below the mustang script isn't a straight line. I trimmed my cobra bumper to match the contour. Without that the part of the bumper in front of the emblem stuck up a bit. ( No one would've probably ever noticed )

This means that I've finally started the repair process from when the curb jumped out in front of the car. Smh

20180412_193004.jpg

I may attempt to straighten the k member out tomorrow.

• Agree
Searching for an IRS for Dave i came across something....

Its something I've wanted for a long time... and didn't want to strip it of the 82....

Here it is....

1084.jpeg

Im going to try to duplicate this with my own twist...

Screenshot_20180413-222820.png

BMW Rider has some good info in his thread so i hope it works out.

Reactions: 1 user
Accomplished a little this weekend. I did this to the Ranger.... no more 14 inch wheel with 130 dollars each tire. I introduce you to $75.00 each 16 inch tires.

20180414_151948.jpg

Also laid hands on the wing. Got it for 100 bucks... it'll be priceless when I'm done. Either really nice... or not worth :poo:

I drove a total of 5 hours to get this thing from another guy with an IRS fox. He's got a bunch of parts on CL.... but no IRS for sale.

20180415_152343.jpg

Been busy as hell lately. I got all the studs out of the 81 wing today and removed the emblems.

20180422_165539.jpg

It's going to take a bit of work too make this thing fit... the stands for the studs are too long too let the wing sit flush but it's something my cut off wheel will make quick work of.

20180422_165608.jpg

We're in the process of preparing to move so all my stuff is now in the back porch.

I'll miss my shed but a garage will be so much nicer.

20180422_220416.jpg

I also started repairing my cobra bumper. No pics of that yet. Not as bad as i thought it was. It's coming together..... slowly.

Reactions: 5 users