Roush Dyno day with out club, just sharing....

Dyno day with our club, just sharing....

Just thought I would share some numbers with everyone. Our car club put on a dyno day this past weekend (thanks to Randy Pethel for doing all the hard work) and I was lucky to be the big gun, I backed up my old dyno numbers from a few years back with even better numbers, I am now at 510rwhp and 457rwtq. I was surprised mainly because since the last dyno work I have changed a set of head gaskets, changed the tranny to a tremec TKO and am using a SPEC clutch plus I changed the exhaust by removing the offroad H pipe and switching to a Bassani X pipe with cats. My old torque numbers were slightly better at 465 but I figure I probably lost a few with the tremec tranny and exhaust change.

Bart Gadlage brought his Z06 and did a baseline at 306rwhp to start with, he then had them install a Callaway CAI setup that really looks sweet and went back to the dyno and ended up with 344rwp! Now that's getting your moneys worth out of a CAI upgrade!

Randy Pethel with his 89 SSC is up to a sweet 441rwhp with 414rwtq. I will take slight credit on his car as I was the one that installed the blower, he's had her on the dyno weekly making more and more power. Talk about the power bug biting you bad! lol.
I just thought I would share.

• Sponsors (?)

George,

Thanks for sharing, I am still amazed at the dyno numbers and power increase from my Callaway Honker install.

Randy,

I enjoyed meeting you and looking at your very clean SSC, I love that car!

That was a fun day. I only wish my car didn't get disqualified after 1 and a half pulls. Although, it was just on that dyno 3 weeks earlier getting tuned.
"Sorry to Hijack your thread George"
My SSC experiences a phenomenon called "Valve Float"at around 5700rpm. As we all know that could possibly cause serious injury to an engine. I guess after 18 years those valve springs have weakened. I need to make a decision on whether to have my valve springs replaced or buy new heads.
We should conduct a poll among our Saleen Community Right here.
-1 Should I have the original unique Heads on my SSC repaired for retaining as much original value as possible on an SSC.
-2 Should I just buy new Aluminum heads that can potentially make tons more power "Like George" and make this an absolutely awesome SSC.
Please give me your opinions because this decision has been tearing me up for a long time now.
And Again, Awesome Power #s George. Congrats!!!
Randy

That was a fun day. I only wish my car didn't get disqualified after 1 and a half pulls. Although, it was just on that dyno 3 weeks earlier getting tuned.
"Sorry to Hijack your thread George"
My SSC experiences a phenomenon called "Valve Float"at around 5700rpm. As we all know that could possibly cause serious injury to an engine. I guess after 18 years those valve springs have weakened. I need to make a decision on whether to have my valve springs replaced or buy new heads.
We should conduct a poll among our Saleen Community Right here.
-1 Should I have the original unique Heads on my SSC repaired for retaining as much original value as possible on an SSC.
-2 Should I just buy new Aluminum heads that can potentially make tons more power "Like George" and make this an absolutely awesome SSC.
Please give me your opinions because this decision has been tearing me up for a long time now.
And Again, Awesome Power #s George. Congrats!!!
Randy

Randy,

I would buy different aftermarket heads for your car because you have already made a ton of other modifications to the car. Why leave the heads alone? As long as you don't cut the car and it is a bolt on mod, you can un-bolt the mod later if needed.
Bart

Tim I'm not going to even comment on that! But you are correct, that was without the NOS. The injectors can't keep up with the way it is tuned presently if I spray from the start of the pull. I really need to change the fuel system out to totally restructure things to take full advantage of the NOS. I "can" use it as the engine goes slightly fat at about 5K without the NOS and using it evens it out but prior to that it goes way to lean. So for now I'll wait until I can afford to do things right later on. I figure with the present HP why even bother. It's got plenty now.

Randy,

You are way past the limits of those stock ( reworked ) heads. Back in the day, it was a major improvement but pushing 450 rwhp is it.

I would go with some AFR 185's. They would work perfect with your combo. The 205's would be a bit much and you need to tap them for smog ( unless you don't have smog inspection in your state ).

Randy I vote for some heads as well. I would stay away from any heads with 202 int. valves as the stock pistons won't clear the valves very well. It would be a gamble. Heas with 194 int. valves will work great, ask me why I know! lol....

As for the NOS, if you put that on your convertible Lisa would shoot you dead!

I here Ya Marcus. Those AFR 185's would be nice. I am leaning towards a swap. I was back at my buddys shop this afternoon discussing head options and a specially ground blower cam. Sounds good! Now I need to save some money.LOL
I have been thinking, I really can't hurt the value of my car because I'm never gonna sell it.
I have worked so hard restoring and have gone way beyond that in trying to build the nicest "showcar" SSC around. Now I'm gonna go for a new Title.
"The Worlds Fastest SSC". Yeah Baby that sounds good. LOL
There was only 160 of them, how hard can it be?

George, we just won't tell her what that extra switch is for. LOL