Roush Dyno day with out club, just sharing....

• Sponsors (?)

.....that was the Mrs. that owns and drivers the "dodge". I merely make the payments (wait a minute, that doesn't sound right, doooooh). Anyways, you went off the topic!!! What do you think: to swap or not to swap...that is the question....bully! :p

hehe

The answer: Swap it. It is only a bolt on part and you can enjoy your car w/o concern. To me that's more important.

A Head Swap it is. I'm shooting for 500-530 for now. That sounds optimistic I know, but Jeff tells me it will be no problem. We had a big talk last night and he is looking forward to building the "Worlds fastest SSC". He has already built the "Worlds Fastest Marauder". He laughs and says it's only money, how fast ya wanna go"? That is potentially block splitting power we all know, but I only put 700 miles on it last year. It ought to last awhile. LOL

Randy I vote for some heads as well. I would stay away from any heads with 202 int. valves as the stock pistons won't clear the valves very well. It would be a gamble. Heas with 194 int. valves will work great, ask me why I know! lol....

As for the NOS, if you put that on your convertible Lisa would shoot you dead!

You dont need 185's, the 165's would do everything you need without the larger valve. Trickflow also sells a very good alum head for a little cheaper. George, your still running the stock block on pump gas correct? SSC (Randy?) your running stock tranny with what clutch? When I switched to a smaller pulley I started to gear my tranny making noises. I made 418/404 with the stock 3.33 pulley, switched to the 3.12 and experienced strange tranny noise. Changed back to stock 3.33 within days. You go to a better flowing head, you will experience some of the same issues. I am running motorsport Cobra heads (not GT40P) with 1.7 rockers that have a little port and polish work. If your looking for a high dyno number only, take ice with you to put on both the intake and blower tube. The Vortech's get heat soaked so fast its stupid!

I'm still running the HD World Class T-5 that Saleen installed for the SSC. 441rwhp-414rwtq and no noises yet, Thankfully. Centerforce II Clutch. No problems in that department either. I am aware that the tranny can't hold up to all this forever, so if it breaks I'll replace it.
We've decided on Brodix 5.0R heads. Jeff has a good matching cam in mind for my combo, but I can't remember which one. We've talked about so many. I'm trusting in his recomendations and expertise because he has built so many of these cars.

I'm still running the HD World Class T-5 that Saleen installed for the SSC. 441rwhp-414rwtq and no noises yet, Thankfully. Centerforce II Clutch. No problems in that department either. I am aware that the tranny can't hold up to all this forever, so if it breaks I'll replace it.
We've decided on Brodix 5.0R heads. Jeff has a good matching cam in mind for my combo, but I can't remember which one. We've talked about so many. I'm trusting in his recomendations and expertise because he has built so many of these cars.

441 on the rollers is different then going 2 thru 4 on the road. Your cooling looks better then most so this will help with the heat soaking the Vortech gives out. Why brodix? His shop have a contract with them? I would recommand an AFR or Trick flow for your car.

The Brodix heads will work fine. They have prety good flow numbers. Not many people run them just because most associate them with Chevy. Just have some mild port work done and yoiu should lay down some good numbers. I should have the Animal back on the road by the time you get the heads installed! Then I have to go back to the Dyno. It will be interesting to see what she does with two more cylinders!