Dyno results for bolt on GT in

• Sponsors (?)

Sigh, my car made 248 rwhp/275 torque, with ported pi heads, vt stage 1 cams, bullit intake manifold, and mac pro chamber. Thas with perfect 12.9-13.0 a/f. Something is wrong with my car, and everytime i see other peoples numbers it makes me mad.

mogs01gt said:
Might want to take off that C&L to clean up your air/fuel ratio. not bad on the numbers :)

Do you think that caused the A/F to bounce under 4.5K RPM? I'm not exactly sure what caused that. It does it with stock tune and sct tune.

The only thing I can think of is the dyno driver was shifting into the gears at a pretty high RPM. The shop I got the dyno specializes in 4 cylinder turbo cars so maybe he's used to keeping the RPM's high until he hits 4th.

After 4.5K RPM, the A/F held at 13:1 so that's good.

droptopponynj said:
ummm that something that isn't right would be Patriot :D
I just can't get behind any of their products. oh well i'll stick with my boys from VT.

Yeah I am going to be calling them very shortly. I got a decent deal on the cams so i decided to give them a shot.. it has to be the problem.

90RanGer said:
Sigh, my car made 248 rwhp/275 torque, with ported pi heads, vt stage 1 cams, bullit intake manifold, and mac pro chamber. Thas with perfect 12.9-13.0 a/f. Something is wrong with my car, and everytime i see other peoples numbers it makes me mad.

Ok so now I dont feeel thhaaat badd... man that does blow.

ForPointSex said:
Do you think that caused the A/F to bounce under 4.5K RPM? I'm not exactly sure what caused that. It does it with stock tune and sct tune.

The only thing I can think of is the dyno driver was shifting into the gears at a pretty high RPM. The shop I got the dyno specializes in 4 cylinder turbo cars so maybe he's used to keeping the RPM's high until he hits 4th.

After 4.5K RPM, the A/F held at 13:1 so that's good.
most likely, the C&L is never really tuner friendly and it reeks havoco on the air/fuel ratios of cars.