E/T Streets

sheff2720

Nov 30, 2003
Horsham, PA
i was thinking about getting a pair of m/t E/T streets.. anyone running these tires? how do you like them? what kind of 60's are you pulling with them? also would a 26x10.5 tire mount onto a 15x7 turbine rim? i have a pair of these lying around and i'd really rather not buy another pair of rims..

• Sponsors (?)

I once borrowed my friends 26x11.50 for one pass. The track prep sucked and ppl were spinning badly. I launched at 4500rpm, and was rewarded with a 1.96 60'ft. The psi was at 15#s, my first mistake was the burn out. I did it in 1st gear for maybe 3-5 seconds(should have done a 2nd gear burn out for a little longer). As I came off the line, tail in went sideways just a little. I know 1.8s in the 60' are easily obtainable.

On dry pavement, I love them. I didn't realize how bad on the street I was spinning on the street radials til I had the ETs. Car just takes off and goes. It was fun, except on rainy days. I could spin the ETs in 5th at 1400rpms. His ET streets were mounted on 15x8 weld's.

J.R.

I don't own a pair personally, but the last two track event I competed at, there were guys running them on basic bolt on 5.0's and 4.6's and were knocking anywhere between .4-.6 in their 1/8. That's reason enough to buy them for me.....all us schmuks with the stock street tires could do was look on in envy. :mad:

i have a set of 27x10.5's i run at the track, also to and from. i think they work pretty well. my 60's are usually ~1.80. i've seen a few lower but it's not as easy as people think. you should 60' alot better than me because of the power you have.

the 26x10.5's will fit the 15x7 turbine wheels pretty good. my brother ran that setup for a while.

I mounted 28/11.5's on 10 holers and they fit.My only problem was my 3 inch Bassani exhaust tips!! Other then that they did fit.I went with the 28/10.5 and they work also.I want to sell them,they only have 8 runs on them.I will let them go cheap,they hook very well :nice:

good 60' times take practice...

I've seen some pretty awesome 60' ft times on ET streets myself. When I ran my 85 Notchback the first time after i put in my new motor and TKO tremec I did pretty good on street tires. After 5 tries (first time at the track) I managed a 2.00 60' time on plain ol' BFG radial tires...235/60/15. I also ran with an 18 year old suspension. The new motor from ford was rated at 320 hp and with the 2.0 I managed a best of 13.6@101 mph (and that was with 2.73 gears and just an off road h-pipe). Not too shabby. After a couple more visits to the track I finally bought a set of Welds. With a 15x3.5 front, 15x8 in the rear with a 275/50/15 Nitto drag radial I managed a best of 13.18@105mph with a 1.85 best 60' time ever! Suspension still bone stock but this time I also had swapped out the 2.73 gears for 3.73 gears and had the rear re-done. I have yet to run it with the ETs on it. I also put in 50/50 and 90/10 shocks and struts along with PST catapult upper and lower control arms, Moser 31 splines and an Eaton posi. I can't wait to see the 60' foot drop and get my first 12 second pass.
My buddy had an 87 LX hatch with a 347 and a TKO. The car was rated at 370 hp to the wheels on the dyno all motor. With welds, and a 15x8 and 26x10.5x15 ETs he's managed 1.65 60' foot times running 11.98 in the quarter. I don't remember the mph. Now he's got a 408 with the same tires and wheels managing a 1.60 60' time! That's a testament to some seriously sticky tires. He's usually launching at about 4500 rpms.

-John

I had a set of 26x10.5's on a 8.5" rim and I was in the low 1.7's. I switched to the 26x11.5's and I averaged in the mid-high 1.6's with a best of 1.64. This was with good track prep. The 10.5's did sway a lot. I had to keep the pressure up around 13-14psi to limit the sway. The 11.5's barely swayed at all. On a 7" rim you won't be utilizing the entire contact patch but I would think you should still be able to get in the 1.7's. I launched anywhere from 5000 to 6000 depending on track prep.

I personally dont think et's are worth anything until you get into the 300+ h/p range.

My 60's average in the mid-low 1.8's with dr's. Until I get more power though, I cant justify the cost of new wheels and et's just to knock of a couple .01's off my 60's.

well you guys have convinced me to go ahead and get the ET's.. i'm planning on going to the track this friday, but i doubt ill go and get them before then.. also am i going to have to run a DR loop with these? i know i do if i ran full slicks but what about these.. thanks for the replies

I have et streets for 3 seasons now. They are warn out and just went to the track sunday and still mangaged a 1.67 60 ft leaveing at 6k, with 10psi in them. They are get tires for the track/street. Do not drive with them in the rain, It is not fun. I got caught in the rain with them and did not have fun driving it home.

They will fit on the 15X7 rim I have mine on 10 hole rims 26/10.5/15.

Here is what is done to my car
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jkstang78

I have 26x10.5 Et Streets mounted on Turbines.
They are a nice fit.
With stock hp and stock suspension, I've gone 1.69 60'... 9.5psi
With radials up front you'll notice sway, with bias-ply skinnies up front the car tracks nice on the way to the strip.
16psi on the street makes for fun stop light play, rain makes it very similar to driving on wet ice... and dangerous(scary) at highway speeds.

maverick0716 said:
I don't know about you guys but for me ET streets are cheaper than drag radials. And I would only use them at the track anyway, so I'll be getting those. :nice:
I hear ya....I went to price out a set of BF Goodrich D/R at the local tire dealer and I almost $hit! I'm be buying M/T Steets soon enough....of course I'll be running them on my Supercharged PI headed 4.6L Cougar next summer and not my soon to be sold Mustang :D $210.00/each Canadian. :nice:

i run a 28x12.5 on a 10in wheel . running a 302 with nitrous i can cut 60ft's in the mid 1.3's all day long , (with a footbrake) also drag radials work great too . i've cut high 1.5 60ft's with a 275/60 bfg on a 8in wheel , or high 1.4's with a 325/50 on a 10in wheel .

good luck , and have fun !