E7TE Question

http://www.rapnewsdirect.com/0-202-260930-00.html

Time index 3:25 to 3:43 with clearest shot of left rear at 3:42.

Rim looks ad big as a 195/13

From http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=1NTLeJUjly8

attachment.php

Rims look to be in the 22~24" range.

Attachments

• miirap.jpg
    miirap.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Sponsors (?)

itsaMustangtoo said:
How to build big inch ford small blocks. I scanned 2 pages , but they are too large to post , Any help?? if not e-mail me and I can send them to those who want them.

I was just channel surfing and came accross a rap video station and there was a cadillac with gullwing doors smoking donuts, right after that ( are you ready) was a sweet looking Black mustang II coupe ( ghia I think) with 20's on smokin donuts.. No sh@#$it
Nevermind, I have a different book. Any luck with the scans?

If getting a set of E7TE's is what you're after, don't bother with the ones you're talking about. If they've been rained on and have had the valve covers off for that long, they're probably in pretty rough shape. Not only that, but since they're on a Mustang, most people think that they're gold. Go scrounge a set off of an '87-up F-150 and you're going to get the EXACT same heads...right down to the valve springs!

Thanks for the tip! I may be back there soon, and I'll have to look for those. I was very close to spending Uncle Sam's refund check on a pair of junk heads. Seeing that the casting code was for a truck head, I was pretty sure I could score some from a truck, I just wasn't sure which one. Thank you very much!

Question is,

Do you have permission to link to Supermotors.Org

Thing is, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you at least put a link to their site or credited them somewhere.

Internet Theft, just because it's so easy it must be Ok, Right??

:rolleyes: If it's there for the general public to access, then it's fair game. If they didn't want you to have it, they'd stop you from hotlinking it....simple as that! Don't pull the high and mighty card and pretend you get expressed written permission and/or credit every site or piece of information you link.

jeffnoel said:
Well since "I" made the list on "MY" computer and posted the info there in "MY" photo album, I don't know why I bother sometimes.

My mistake.

I do think Gearbangers take on it is rather interesting.

somebody help me out here, please. Why are E7TE's preferred to other stock (cheap) heads? If I found a good set, will the old mustang II stock exhaust manifolds work, or will I need E7TE exhaust manifolds (or headers). If E7TE exhaust manifolds are necessary, how hard to install? thanx, mike

Mike, the GT40P heads used on the late model explorer are the best heads *Ford* ever made for the 5.0. However they had to move the spark plug location to do that therefore it requires special exhaust manifolds that won't fit our cars. The E7TE head is a good head for many reasons but most of all because it was the head Ford used over a period of time when the 5.0 in the Mustang was at its best (87-93). The head is common however if you have to spend a lot on any cast iron head then you're better off saving up a little more and getting aluminum heads. Due to their heat dissipation, aluminum heads generally allow the builder to run a one point higher compression ratio.

d