Earthquake In Oklahoma? - Rum For The Quake

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, absolutely felt it in bed this morning shortly after waking up. Sat there thinking no way that was an earthquake in Iowa... I am in Marion, IA.
Crazy assed sht Nick, it was centered just a little ways from us here. How can what seems to be a local quake be felt that far away? What fault line goes through here anyhow?

No idea, but I had set my alarm for 7AM, and was just laying there and my house/bed shook just slightly. My wife text me while I was at work about an hour later, and I thought wow, no sh*t. I have never felt one before, so I guess I can mark that off the list. No need to live in Cali anymore. How strong did it feel near you?

I was actually still in bed myself trying to convince myself to get up when it went off. Shook the bed pretty good and lasted for about a minute.

You could hear the deep rumble of the earth when it hit. Reminded me of being back in California.

Cat freaked out, puffed up, made me laugh.

My wife and youngest daughter freaked out as well, if they were covered in fur, they would've puffed up to.

My son slept through it....

Reactions: 1 user
Just to maintain consistency between my threads, let's have a toast to this morning's earthquake!:cheers:
image.jpeg

Ok, here's a quiz for you, I'm going to quote something about this rum, "...and it's tasty too".

Where do I quote that from?

Reactions: 2 users