Easy Sound upgrade?

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm thinking about starting a couple upgrades on the sound system of my car this winter but would like to keep everything looking 100% stock.

I don't want a system that just pounds bass, I'd like a balanced system with good highs, lows and mid-range (I find I am missing the mid-low range with my current Shaker 500 system). Are there any direct replacement speakers for the 8" subs in the doors? Are these actually subs or are they just mid-range speakers?

If you were upgrading say two sets of speakers or had $600 including install what would you do? Can this get me on my way to a good sounding system, don't get me wrong I don't mind the Shaker500 but I think it needs to be bolstered a bit.

I've looked JL Cleansweep or the Rockford 3sixty, has anyone used either? I'm thinking this might not be a bad way to retain the stock look but get better performance from the factory speakers any new speakers I get (and would allow me to easily add a sub). There's a demo at a local shop going for $225, which I don't think is too bad, full warranty through the shop, is it worth it?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated, oh and if anyone has a cheap alternative to the Ford Sirius module (for an '06 GT Shaker 500) that'd be super too, I went to the dealer and almost fell over, I don't like having an extra unit right now for my sat. radio but I think I can live with it for now and spend the money on upgrading the system rather than wasting $300+ on the ford module.

Thanks again everyone :)

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Try replacing the factory amps with a built in crossover. I amplified the stock speakers with a 4 channel(4X125 watts) and the bass the subs provide in the doors is more then the 2 10"'s in the back. I just bypassed the factory amps, IMO,they are underpowered.

You can replace the head unit with an alpine head unit with BBE that will make the subs hit harder. BBE stands for Bass Boost enginering it adjusts the the sound frequencies of the speakers. I would buy a Alpine CDA-9857 thats what i have and it makes a big differnce with my subs when i have the bbe on and off.