Ebay Distrbutors. Any thoughts/experience?

DJCarbine

May 4, 2005
Ebay Link

Oh how I dread asking the question, "How bad could it be"

Seems like a decent solution to replacing a worn old distributor. Any comments from you guys or experience with these units? Interchangability with other HEI ignition parts? What happens if you want to replace the coil/rotor etc.

Should I be the guinea pig and report back my findings? :D

• Sponsors (?)

I have basically that exact dizzy on my 68, only problem I've had with it is the plug coming loose from the coil terminal. That and the cap is enormous, wires look funny running around it. :mad: It barely clears my air filter too.

If I were to go back after my ignition, it's adios HEI :D

Get a new, late model duraspark II (magnetic pick up) and ignition box. More reliable set up for about $200. I was also researching on quality of ebay HEI distributors about a year ago. Yet I found no one having it installed.

Ebay Link

Oh how I dread asking the question, "How bad could it be"

Seems like a decent solution to replacing a worn old distributor. Any comments from you guys or experience with these units? Interchangability with other HEI ignition parts? What happens if you want to replace the coil/rotor etc.

Should I be the guinea pig and report back my findings? :D

Or just get a Duraspark distributor and a GM 4-pin HEI module.

That's the setup I'm running as outlined here. Cost less than $100 for a rebuilt distributor and the GM module. Granted it's not a Chinese "billet" distributor, but it works like stock or better.....minus the breaker points.