Ed Curtis Cam is here!!!

Mr. Curtis, you make good cams.. He was very good in helping me scope out my combo.. I only wish I would have requested more from him in terms of the cam, I want more cam.. I was so worried about idle quality (before I had my tweecer, or even heard of a tweecer) that I sacrified top-end for some bottom-end vacuum..) next time, I say I want 12's and screw the 94 computers, I've got a tweecer..

(but my cam is still strong, about the size of an X-cam)..

Plus, we're special since we have FTI cams, so, we can be as secretive as we want.. :D

• Sponsors (?)

onebad95 said:
Yeah, your 9.1 @79 is smoking. Good cam choice.... :rlaugh:

I guess if your cam is that good, you should start your own company. You could call it D.A.R. Dumb A** Racing.

If your post was a joke, I apologize for my reply. If not, don't knock Ed Curtis. He has forgotton more about building motors than you'll ever know.
his post was a joke and went waaaay over your head

and there is nothing wrong with his cam. somethiung is wrtong somewhere else in his car/driver/track combo

Imyourzero said:
Well then I got 1 word for ya. Ronco. "Set it...and FORGET IT!" :D

Ha, where have I heard that before? This time next year you'll be shopping for a Kenne Bell or a Novi 2000. And sending love notes to Ed Curtis because you're so happy with the cam.

Sorry, I didn't catch that?? Tim, ZX2, what? ;) :lol:

TIM!!! That's good stuff!! I may buy a TwEECer.. I'll see how things go financially.. I'd just really like to "plug and play".

BTW.. I have your money.

95snoozer said:
your combo should run well once you get everything worked out

what elevation are you at.... maybe you should go to modular depot and correct your times for SAE

I hope so, I am pretty close to sea level as it is, but I know there are other problems lurking around. I still need a tune bad and I was at 10 degrees of timing. Thanks for letting Onebad95 know what everyone else understood....lets not judge mabye he's "special" :nice:

your combo will come around....

I am still at 10 degrees....eeeek

have you been on a dyno? find a dyno day and spend the 45 bucks to put it on a dyno and play with everything.

or make friends and rent it for an hour.... it should be just a little over 100.
I know how tight money can me but your car should run hard and make 290 to the wheels at least.

what is your FP at and those aluminums will want more timing for sure.

you might go tas far as to take you car to the point that it shows beginning signs of lean ness and tune down form there.

make some WOT passes and check spark plug condition and tune form there

I am searching for a dyno day so I can get this bad boy tuned but there arent any places around :( I can tell she wants more timing......I checked the plugs and she is running very very very very rich, but It wont fix with FPR, I have a bad Vac leak that I cant find so I am gonna replace all my upper gaskets.....I want to tune and get her close to 300 but money is tight like you said so it is one day at a time. If anyone knows a reputable dyno tuner around central VA let me know :)