edelbrock h/c/i for 5.0 's ????

C_Heath

Dec 31, 2004
so what their saying is that if I purchase this package for my bone stock 5.0 that I will acheive 367 horsepower power over the stock 225?

So Im picking up 142 horses with just the h/c/i/?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually might not be total bs, most people with well matched h/c/i intake packages see somewhere around 300hp and the wheels, if you add in a 15% drivtrain loss its around 345 at the crank. So its not too far fetched, a little high maybe, dont forget most of the time thier talking about crank hp no rwhp.

GT89Mustang said:
Actually might not be total bs, most people with well matched h/c/i intake packages see somewhere around 300hp and the wheels, if you add in a 15% drivtrain loss its around 345 at the crank. So its not too far fetched, a little high maybe, dont forget most of the time thier talking about crank hp no rwhp.

True. To achieve them good numbers that motor was probably tuned to within an inch of its life just long enough to "prove" it can make that kinda power.

It's attainable, but you'll probably need a tune in order to get there. 367hp @ the crank would equate to 312hp @ the wheels assuming 15% drivetrain loss. Search around on the board and you'll find several people that have made a bit over 300whp on simple h/c/i combos along w/ the normal supporting bolt-ons.

It is absolutelt possible. My friends stock 302 block with an eddy performer int.,performer heads, e-cam, 1.7 rockers, made 309 rwhp after it was tuned with the AFR at around 12.5:1. This was on the Dynojet a Kaufmanns Motor sports. Just remember those kits are rated at fly wheel horsepower, and only have the neccesary accessories to run it on the motor. If you take 309 and add 15 percent for drive loss thats like 355 on the crank.

I agree with the "tuned to an inch of its life" comment made ealier. Also with what kind of compression is that 367 based on?

Btw, imo, throw the "15%" drivetrain loss myth out the door....so I am making 500 rwhp and I am losing 75 hp through my drivetrain??? Yeah ok.

bubba-dough said:
I agree with the "tuned to an inch of its life" comment made ealier. Also with what kind of compression is that 367 based on?

Btw, imo, throw the "15%" drivetrain loss myth out the door....so I am making 500 rwhp and I am losing 75 hp through my drivetrain??? Yeah ok.

Its no myth about drive loss. Plus if you making 500 rwhp you should know that buy now.

True there is drivetrain loss, I am not arguing that, however its not a consistant 15 percent....if that were the case guys making say 3000 hp are losing 450 horse......I am just saying there is no way in hell I am losing 75 horse....no way...