EEC Tuner

Ray@VSK

Aug 27, 2004
I am tired, I can't get my air/fuel ratio right for nothing, I got a 190lb pump with a fuel regulator 100% open & I'm still running lean, I was told a Pro-m Optimizer would fix this but what about going one step forward or is this one step for the worse & get a EEC Tuner ?

Is this a good one or any suggestions ?
http://www.tweecer.com/tellmore.htm

• Sponsors (?)

Ray@VSK said:
I am tired, I can't get my air/fuel ratio right for nothing, I got a 190lb pump with a fuel regulator 100% open & I'm still running lean, I was told a Pro-m Optimizer would fix this but what about going one step forward or is this one step for the worse & get a EEC Tuner ?

Is this a good one or any suggestions ?
http://www.tweecer.com/tellmore.htm

Talk to my friends over at www.stangtuning.com. They've helped me overcome some rather technical EEC issues.

I've got 24lb injectors & have tried two mass meters (c&l & pro-m) both calibrated for 24lb & I replaced the o2 sensors & adjusted tps sensor not to mention replaced upper intake gasket just in case & verified all vacuum lines were hooked up correct.

Ray - our setups are similar, custom cam on mine; I was running too RICH at w.o.t. with 19# injectors; we had to take some pulse width out when tuning on the dyno. You have plenty of injector.

Tell us about your maf - did you buy it new?

Well how did you do that with a ECC Tuner ?

I'm just wanting to get this fixed so I can have it taken to the body shop & back to the dyno so I can finally drive it, I want to fix it right but don't know what to do & have tried fixing any possible problems :fuss:

You didn't answer the question - tell us about your maf. Did you buy it new or used? Have you had ProM calibrate it for your set up?

My tuning was done with an AutoLogic chip. The tuner and tweecer work fine (most like the user interface on the tweecer better) but unless you either know a WHOLE lot about the ecu, or are willing to take the time to learn it, you can do more harm than good with one. Sounds to me like you need to hook up with a good tuner so they can see what yours is doing. I suspect there's a calibration issue with your maf such that the ecu thinks less air is entering the engine than actually is entering.

I for one don't understand how you can possibly run lean. I've got Edelbrock heads, a 75mm MAF, 1.6 rr's, E-303, Cobra intake, yadda yadda, with stock 19 lb/hr injectors.....and I run lean at stock psi (40 with vacuum), but PIG RICH at 45 psi with vacuum. My regulator is adjustable to..well, I'm sure it'll go damn near 50, if not higher. I run 42-43 psi with mine.

So with the regulator at full open, it's showing up as lean...but how's it smell? It doesn't puff black? Might wanna check your plugs...I suspect whatever is telling you you're lean is lying to ya... :D

No I'm lean, I had it up on a dyno with sensors, I can't even turn the fpr out 1 half a turn without it bogging & backfiring & throwing codes, I'm lean that I know especially with the popping there is no question of that.

Me to, but I don't know what else to do, I tried a C&L & a Pro-M, checked voltage on Pro-M & it seems allittle low & jumps from low to high every once in awhile but I've checked all my grounds "even added a extra" but don't know what else to do, I've changed all my o2 sensors & made sure there were no vacuum leaks & even adjusted my TPS even Pro-M said I should not be having them problems but what else can I do, any suggestions ?

Michael Yount said:
The tuner and tweecer work fine (most like the user interface on the tweecer better) but unless you either know a WHOLE lot about the ecu, or are willing to take the time to learn it, you can do more harm than good with one.

Very true. I am still doing a lot of reading on the TwEECer forums, as are many many other users. I don't think there is one single person who knows what every option does, and how it affects performance. My car won't run properly without my TwEECer.

I too do not believe it's a issue of if you need a tuner or not. Have you tried checking for codes? Thats where you should start off first.

Ray - I also posted in the other thread regarding the need to do anything. Your mixture from 3500 or so up to peak looks GREAT - a bit above 13 - right where you'd want a naturally aspirated set up for peak power. You'll definitely need tuning assistance if you're just looking to fatten up the bottom of the curve.

Ya the dyno shop even said that high of a pressure in my rail to get just a decent mixture is rediculouse & to get a optimizer, I even called ford aswell & even they said the problems I'm having is normal & I will need my computer reprogrammed so, Pro Optimizer I guess I will get then.

I know, I know, I know, but no one can offer anyother suggestions on what I can try to do & about the only thing I can imagine to do now after this point is to get something to fool my computer because absolutely nothing is working I've tried or done so far so.