eec wire harness swap

summerslam

Nov 6, 2003
i need some help in diagnosing a couple of eec wire harness clips. i have an '86 gt and have upgraded to mass air, the old eec harness was no good so i got a harness from a '91. the problem is that the two clips that are by the the self test connectors don't match up to the clips that are there.

the old harness had two male connectors, a round 8 pin connector with 7 wires and a round 4 pin connector with 4 wires...the new harness has two female connectors, both are round 8 pin connectors, one with 7 wires and the other with 5 wires.

i've been trying to research the problem but haven't been able to find any answers...any suggestions?

i'll be able to get pictures in a couple of days when i get my digital camera back

• Sponsors (?)

Get a couple of wiring diagrams (Haynes and Chiltons) and match up the wires. It helps to have more than one set of wiring diagrams.

Go to a salvage yard and get the two male 8 pin connectors you need then pull the wires from the old 86 connectors and insert them into the new ones.