Electric fan install!!

Hello once again. I just installed an electric fan on my 66 with a 289 . I was wondering if anybody out there has done the same and would be able to help out with the position of the dry bulb sensor. The install instructions has the sensor going through a hole in the shroud of the fan and touching the face or fins of the radiator. But that just seems to flimsy to me. I barely grab it and it wants to come back out. Any other suggestions. Here's the link to a picture of the fan.

Mustang Electric Fan Module 1964-1966 all w/V8 - 123Classics.com

You can see the sensor bulb, long shiny, top right corner, the hole that it points to is where it's suppose to go in to touch the face of the radiator.

Thanks in adv. for your help.

Sergio:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

When I installed the electric fan on my '66 I used a system from "Be Cool" and their system originally had a probe setup similar to yours. Upon installing it I thought the same thing that you did about it looking flimsy and crappy.

Anyway, I called them and they sold another lead seperately from the kit that had a threaded sensor that screwed directly into a port on the rear water cross over on the back of my intake manifold. The only difficult part was that I had to solder it in, but that was really easy. It's a very nice clean installed look now.

You should try to contact the manufacturer of the kit directly to see if they have a sensor that you can connect directly to the engine.

Good Luck.

I placed my sensor inside the top radiator hose, works well.

I do have an issue with mine and I thought buying a good expensive fan like this I wouldn't. My car in the heat and driving around town works great, but when on the highway my car slowly increases temp, when you think it shouldn't because of all the air. My car before the electric fan did just fine on the highway

May still take it out.

Hello once again. I just installed an electric fan on my 66 with a 289 . I was wondering if anybody out there has done the same and would be able to help out with the position of the dry bulb sensor. The install instructions has the sensor going through a hole in the shroud of the fan and touching the face or fins of the radiator. But that just seems to flimsy to me. I barely grab it and it wants to come back out. Any other suggestions. Here's the link to a picture of the fan.

Mustang Electric Fan Module 1964-1966 all w/V8 - 123Classics.com

You can see the sensor bulb, long shiny, top right corner, the hole that it points to is where it's suppose to go in to touch the face of the radiator.

Thanks in adv. for your help.

Sergio:shrug:

I installed the same fan. The probe actually goes pretty far in the fins to be tight. Gotta be lined up right to not mess up the fins too much. Here's a pic, with the silver probe visible in the upper right corner of the shroud:

electric+fan.jpg (image)

I installed the same fan. The probe actually goes pretty far in the fins to be tight. Gotta be lined up right to not mess up the fins too much. Here's a pic, with the silver probe visible in the upper right corner of the shroud:

electric+fan.jpg (image)

Thanks fella:nice:s. I will do what restomod did since we have the identical fan. I will make sure it goes directly into the fins to where it's tight.