Electric fan problems / questions, mark VIII and taurus fan ?'s too

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking for a new fan. The Proform Fan isn't cutting it. It wont keep my 351 from over heating. I was wondering what fan kit I should buy form Delta Current Control. I was looking at the 18" in fan that pulls 4300cfm. Would that fit in my motor compartment? The fan I have now only pull 2800cfm or something like that. The Proform did it job with the 302 but just can't keep up with my 351. This is my Daily Driver but see a lot of track time. I need something to keep in cool in south Florida heat and traffic. Should I just get a Mark VIII fan. How much CFM do they pull. Can I buy them from the factory.

Horsepower67 said:
My .02
Keep the Black Magic, or maybe get a new one if it's defective, and get a nice aluminum radiator. You have a nicely modded, supercharded GT and that looks like the stock radiator, which is nowhere near efficient enough. I got one from Granatelli Motorsports that I love, with a Black Magic fan on it and my car runs ridiculously cool no matter what. Including idling for hours in traffic in the desert on the way to Vegas with the A/C on (stupid road work). Also looks nice under the hood.
an aluminum radiator isnt gonna help that sorry ass fan, I ran a black magic fan with a 3" thick aluminum radiator and it wouldnt keep up, I switch to a Mk8 fan and never looked back, another good fan choice is the RamChargers fan, I needed a replacement for my smashed Mk8 fan when I couldnt find another Mk8 I went with the Ramchargers and love it.