electric power steering pump?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I think were off topic here, the EPS will have no effect on header clearance, if the car already has header clearance issues, well that's a header clearance issue and has nothing to do with EPS.

Well, I think were off topic here, the EPS will have no effect on header clearance, if the car already has header clearance issues, well that's a header clearance issue and has nothing to do with EPS.

I tried the link you provided to see pictures but I'm not signing up for that website just to view them. Where is that blue EPS unit installed? Under the dash? Does it replace the steering column somehow?

Says the guy with the leaky power steering system;-)

I'l bet I can out run you!
66Mustang Fastback
10.x through the mufflers
Yes, yes you can, but you missed my point maybe. You could out run me before you installed the magic pump. The guy is simply wondering if having an electric pump would "bolt-on" any horsepower. Maybe a tad but not worth messing with. I skimmed through your post so I might be wrong but you had a manual rack and wanted some power assist so you added an electric pump correct? The OP wasn't thinking about going to a manual rack, he was wanting to free up some horsepower in the same manner that under drive pulleys do. U/d pulleys suck, the guy might gain a fraction of a rear wheel horsepower.
As for manual racks: My 1st car was an 87 crx w a manual rack. It was ok on the highway but parking lots sucked. If the op has a street car I wouldn't switch to a manual rack in search of horsepower, which is the sole reason he made this thread, horsepower. In closing: No, an electric power steering pump would not be worth the money and effort if you're trying to bolt-on some horsepower.

So has anyone gotten this to work in a Fox? I'm very interested. My dad installed an EPAS kit in his '65 vert and it works fantastic!

I'd love to get the PS pump out of the engine bay. Sick of the PS pump whine and leaks!