electronic rust inihibitor?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
i see at some point in the cars life someone put this on the car...it simply has a power/ground and two squares that attach to the inside of the front fenders via double sided tape...the little red light on the unit is always on even when the car is off hence constantly drawing off the battery...does anyone know if these even work..b/c if not im just going to remove it. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

no rust (but who is to say its from that necessaryily) but i did a ton of research and found out that it works great on boats, bridges etc where the circuit is completely by the submersion in water but on a vehicle it doesn't work like that....plus the amount of charge that could be put on the vehicle would be so small (especially b/c a bigger charge would cause a static shock potentially when pumping gas). i decided to remove it. you should see all the wiring and relays that weren't necessary between the old alarm system that was still hooked to the power but didn't work and this rust inhibitor. im glad now b/c its alot less unnecessary stuff. thanks for the info though :D