emissions part help

Philstang

Oct 28, 2004
OK, I am in the process of restoring the emissions stuff on my 91 LX 5.0 due to recent strict inspection. I found all of what I needed on e-bay (thermactor tubing). My question is, how does the pipe that go to the back of each cylinder attach? There are spark plugs filling the holes there now, so I am assuming it is a threaded hole, but on the tubing I have there is no bolt or threading attachment. There is a (possible) mounting hole on the ends of the tube right near where the air passes through.

• Sponsors (?)

The proper tube has a flat flange on each of the places it bolts to the heads. There are 2 flanges on the tube and a place to install the check valve.

Run a coat hanger through the tube to make sure that it isn't plugged up with carbon.

I gave the tube a good sandblast, just need to know if I am missing some hardware (bolts or something) to attach the thing to the heads...
a pic would definitely help... also if anyone has a pic of where the rear egr hose coming off the egr plate attaches to the lower intake manifold
Thanks

ALright guys, I've got a couple of efi engines laying around, so I took some pics. This is full cali smog, so it's legit setup.

Both engines are from an 86gt, but should be the same setup 86-93, hope this helps some.

smog3.JPG

smog1.JPG

smog2.jpg

smog2.JPG

not sure, check with ford, they can pull up diagrams and they'll have the length for you.

if you can't find out, let me know, and I'll pull one and measure it for you.