Empty spot in the dash, can I get a shelf ?

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
Ok, so I've gone from the stock head unit to an aftermarket one. I removed the Radio, CD player and the factory amp. Now I've got a nice hole in there and I can see under my dash. Not really my cup of tea.... I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a shelf that will pop where the CD player use to sit. I've been to a few sterio shops but they all look at me like I have a mental handycap when I ask them about it.

• Sponsors (?)

Snap, I thought I posted that. Thats what happens when yer posting at 3am before going to sleep. I'm talking about my daily driver. Its a 2000 Mustang. The stock units that had just the tape player and no CD player had a little shelf in there. It is a stock part. I'm thinking of just going to Ford and buying it from them... I just don't wana pay 900 dollars for some plastic.

Im surprised a stereo shop wouldn't know what you're talking about

I call it a "cubby hole"......probably does't cost $20 and just snaps in

mine left the stereo shop with one.....but I swapped it for gauges a week later

just a thought

67106.jpg

Do you still have yer shelf/"cubby hole" ? Ford wants 35 for it which is out right robbery. I'll provably go to a junk yard and grab one there. I was considering gauges also but I have a stock instrument panel and I don't want the car to look ricey.

Rusty67 said:
Do you still have yer shelf/"cubby hole" ? Ford wants 35 for it which is out right robbery. I'll provably go to a junk yard and grab one there. I was considering gauges also but I have a stock instrument panel and I don't want the car to look ricey.

nah....a Stang buddy of mine nabbed it as soon as it was removed.

don't buy it through Ford.....go to a stereo shop and tell them what you need...it's a no brainer and it's cheap